• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 3 Things that should change at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

For someone who has yet been able to attend MNSSHP party (first one will be 10/21), I have watched YouTube videos from last year and then caught the DIS livestreams from last night (9/2). While I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the videos and live streams, I was a bit surprised that there weren't differences.

Like you indicate in your article (which I really enjoyed), Disney is in the entertainment business. I would think they have enough creative people that can come up with a few changes each year. The changes don't have to be drastic, but something different to keep it fresh. I would think that this would entice people to return year after year if they knew there was going to be something different. Once you see that the parades and shows are the same year after year, it gets less exciting. I know there are probably people that love going each year no matter what. There is nothing wrong with that. Maybe there is a difference being an adult attending versus seeing this through the eyes of children.

Regardless, I am excited to be attending my first MNSSHP party in October.

Good and honest article Kathy!

I've never attended a party but have been during the fall and agree that they should extend the decorations past Main St

I've attended MNSSHP, but only once during a trip, and not every year, so it never got "tired" for me, but I can definitely see what you're saying, and totally agree to extend the decorations past Main St., @safetymom. Glad you all were able to attend last night, despite the weather, and enjoy yourselves. Great article and observations, as always!!

I feel like a lot of the parties are planned with vacationers more in mind rather than locals, they could improve it a lot with small changes such as the ones that you mention. I can't wait to do the Halloween party again.

We were lucky enough to attend the party once...back in 2013. Unless something crazy happens, I don't think we'll be able to attend again. Between extremely rigid attendance laws in our state and a new job in 2014 that prohibits me from taking vacation time in Sept and Oct, another MNSSHP trip seems impossible. :(

That being said, we loved MNSSHP...much more than MVMCP (even though I prefer a Nov-Dec trip for the overall holiday vibe). Still, I think it would lose its luster for us if we made a habit of going and it was the same every time. Mind you, I know some people who attend the party 2-3x in a trip, and the lack of variation doesn't seem to bother them, but the average visitors don't do this or will see value in it. On one hand, I'd love to see major changes and more decor to freshen it up for return visitors - maybe even special themes each week to keep it fresh through the season, but on the other hand...if it doesn't change...I won't feel like I'm missing as much. Selfish, I know ;)

I agree with you, Kathy! I love the Halloween decorations but they're the same every year. They need to switch things up a bit and extend the decorations out into the rest of the Magic Kingdom!

The parade: DL is getting a new parade so maybe WDW can steal some of their ideas for the future. They're getting a New Orleans shadow man voodoo style section, and a Nightmare Before Christmas seciont.

I think WDW's parade could swap out some scenes. I realize that the Boo to You parade is meant to incorporate most lands in MK: Main Street is the Mickey and friends section, Adventureland is pirates, Frontierland is Clara Cluck and the square dancers, Liberty Square is the HM section and then there is villains. I feel that the Frontierland section should definitely be swapped out for a Hocus Pocus or Nightmare before Christmas section, the parade already leaves out Tomorrowland so taking out the Frontierland section wouldn't destroy it.

Decorations Beyond Main Street: yes please. I think DL does this best with Christmas. A lot of the lands have Christmas decorations themed to that specific area, like Carsland cars themed Christmas and Critter Country has very rustic Christmas decorations.

They could do up Liberty Square with a lot of cornstalks and harvest themed decorations, Adventureland could go heavy on the voodoo type inspiration, Tomorrowland could have metal pumpkins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter