Top 3 favorite Disney Animated Movies of all time?

PolymerSkywalker

DIS Veteran
Just curious from the group here are mine:
- Lion King (Animated Version of Course)
- Aladin (Animated Version of Course)
- Original Toy Story (Technically Pixar I guess)

The Little Mermaid (1989 animated)
Beauty and the Beast (1992 animated)
Frozen

I like some of the classic animated films, but I prefer musicals as a genre, so my favorites tend to come from the Disney Renaissance through today.

Interesting question. I'll provide a ranking of what are probably the best films, but also then my favorites, which I recognize are likely not as great, but I still love them.

Best:
1. Beauty and the Beast
2. The Little Mermaid
3. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Favorites:
1. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
2. Sleeping Beauty
3. Big Hero 6

Also, I don't know if it counts, but if it does it's at the top of both lists, and also at the top of all animated movies, and additionally at the top of all movies in general. The best movie:

A Goofy Movie.

It's perfection.

Have you read the original stories that Pinnocchio was based on? That's some Steven King kinda stuff right there!

Last edited:
I love these questions and hate them at the same time! Not the "best" but my favorite in no particular order:
Peter Pan
Princess and the Frog
Coco (since the OP allowed Pixar!)

Beauty & The Beast
Lion King 1 1/2
Emperors New Groove
Toy Story
I enjoy almost all of them but I really enjoy the ones that make me laugh - but Beauty & The Beast is just amazing in the artwork

Have you read the original stories that Pinnocchio was based on? That's some Steven King kinda stuff right there!
I have. It's really dark, starting with the tree that Pinocchio's made out of screaming while being chopped down.

So tough to narrow it down to three:

Ichabod and Mr Toad
Bambi
Alice in Wonderland

Honorable mentions: every animated created when Walt was alive, Robin Hood, Jungle Book, and the animated scenes in Saludos Amigos, Three Cabs, Song of the South, and Mary Poppins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter