Top 10 things to bring for your stateroom

I had packed a poncho but didn't need it as DCL crew handed out Disney ponchos at no charge on the gangway when in port at Cozumel last week. I also didn't need my hairdryer as the Babyliss 2000 on the Fantasy was very powerful when plugged into the correct outlet.

Post-it notes came in handy for leaving notes on our mirror for our stateroom host. We didn't have to search for him and he didn't have to check in with us to ask if we needed anything.

Radio Frequency Identification. It's a tag that stores information. When you walk by a scanner, it will pick up information.

petbren said:
Thanks for the idea. Will probably do that but I know Mr. Picky Coffee Man (DH) will be all "$6000 for a crusie and I can't get a descent cup of coffee":confused3

You will be able to get good coffee at cove cafe. Costs some. But apparently worth it. There are hot tubs on the wonder in adult pool area and family pool

Do all new passports have RFID? I just got dd's new one in the mail yesterday and it doesn't look any different as far as I can tell.

It's embedded (sandwiched) in the page. Hubby's TWIC card has it right there where you can see it, and his fingerprint is embedded in it too.

This isn't meant to be a snarky question, but why does it matter?

People trying to steal a person's identity or credit card info (some credit cards have one of these type cards in them now) have created portable "readers" where they can walk up beside you (or something similar) and steal your info without having any physical contact at all. You can be robbed of a LOT by these methods (depending on what chip they accessed). So to prevent this, companies have devised wallets, purses, etc. that block the capability to steal that info by that method.

You still have to present your passport, where required... and so on. Aluminum foil, huh... so those 1960's kids that wore aluminum foil hats to prevent someone from stealing their identies, were onto something?!?! How cool is that?!?!

5714606045_f004ca9f88_m.jpg

5714606089_c7f0bcda7c_m.jpg

5714606075_3997181792_m.jpg

5715168928_64909b7c24_m.jpg

Is this how you collect autographs on the ships, dropping something at that desk vs. walking around with an autograph book like in the parks? Or is it just another (or better?) option?

Thanks!

The placing of the signatures on that are AWESOME.... Mickey is up in front, chip & dale on the two legs.... etc. just awesome!

Also, about coffee--no coffee maker in the room, correct? DH is going to have a fit if he can only get bad coffee and has to walk quite a ways for it in the AM. We always bring our own, and have had our bags searched several times at airport for that reason I think:confused3

You cannot have an electric coffee pot. However, you can have a French Press Coffee Pot. I bought DH one that is unbreakable. Also, our local grocer has vacuum sealed sample packs of coffee that are the perfect size for 1 pot of coffee. All we need now is hot water. You can get that from room service, or up at the drink station.

Can't find the comment to quote, but about the HDMI cable for movies for the kids, on the Dream at least you can get movies on demand in your stateroom for free and they have every Disney and Pixar movie ever made that has ever been on video. S need need to bring anything else along as there are plenty of good movies 24/7 in your stateroom. Plus the classic cartoon channel on the tv.

Well, that is a downer. I hope he doesn't rub off on you.

Thanks everyone for the coffe suggestions.:)

DH has worked permanent midnight shift at a trauma hospital for 15 years, and good coffee is important to him.
He may come out with my origional quote "all that money for a cruise, and no descent coffee", but I know it is just his way of lovingly complaining.

The cruise is a splurge for us, and I would like him to be happy.

He hasn't rubbed off on me yet, after 21 years of marriage, well,, only in good ways.

We are officially 100 days from our cruise, and DH has yet to get the week off. The joys of hospital work.

Pixie dust would be appreciated.pixiedust:

So, this thread hasn't been updated in a year and a half, and I'm already planning for my cruise in October. The Ex did most of the packing when we cruised, so even though I've got over 10 DCL cruises under my belt, I'm reviewing now... as this upcoming cruise is my honeymoon and I'd like it to be really special as my WDW (new acronym I just made up: Wonderful Dear Wife - yes, I'm Goofy for her) hasn't ever cruised before.

So... what's changed? I read somewhere, I think, that DCL is cracking down on the use of extension cords/surge suppressors - true or not?

Comments on WavePhones and how to carry them? Don't need walkie talkies now? (I've got a pair of Baofeng UV-5Rs... which can be programmed for the Marine bands so I may bring them just to listen in on what's going on out there.)

Thought I read also about problems using the shoe hangers, too - am I hallucinating or are those now contraband, too?

How have the refits on the Wonder and the Magic changed this list?

Thanks from the no-longer-Grumpy Dwarven One!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter