Took a long time to get off the Fantasy today

lklgoodman

DIS Veteran
We had a long wait to get through customs after getting off the ship earlier today. The guy handling our luggage said they've had agents not coming to work (understandable). So it's taking longer, took us about 45 mins. Thought I'd mention it for those with upcoming trips, especially if you have early flights. Our flight home was cancelled thanks to Mother Nature. Yesterday at CC 75 degrees, and when we get home we're suppose to have 8 inches of snow, Yuck!

Thanks for the report! I hope you had a fantastic cruise and that you are able to work out the flight issue.

Thanks for the update! Friends of ours boarded the Fantasy today, but when they disembark next Saturday they are staying in Orlando for one night before their flight. I'll still give them a heads up.

We got off the Fantasy today as well and it was the worst debarkation we have experienced in more than 10 cruises. The DCL employee (not sure of her title, but she was in all white like the cruise director) said that because of the government shutdown, they had half as many Customs agents as they should. The line to get off the ship wound all over deck 3 and filled every corridor. It took us a full hour to get off the ship from the time we got in line on deck 3 (we were second dining). Then we had to get our bags and wait in another line to go through Customs. The porter said the lines were even longer before we got there.

Because it took so long for everyone to get off the ship, the vans picking people up were totally backed up. It was a mess.

So if you are cruising and the government is still shutdown, plan on it taking a very long time to get off the ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter