• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Too Tall to Ride?

lostatdisney

Mouseketeer
So excited to be headed to Disney on Friday with DH, DD22, DS24, DS26, and soon-to-be daughter-in-law. My sons are both 6'5". Which rides are going to be the most uncomfortable for them to ride? Cramming those long legs in can be a challenge.

My SO is 6'5" 220 lb and had no trouble fitting on any ride.. some a bit tight, but he fit. The worst for him was the airplane and DME bus. LOL

I know I've heard people who are around that tall say that Space Mountain can also feel cramped. I second the Mine Train but I've definitely seen taller people ride it too!

My bro is 6’6” barefoot and 400 lb. He’s ridden 7DMT several times - says it’s somewhat uncomfortable but it’s a quick ride so it’s not too bad.

In my experience you can be tall or plump and still be comfortable, but not both. At 6’4” and 315-320 (depending on my meal choices for the day) I am one of the unlucky few. Fortunately for people like me and the above poster’s brother Disney seems to be one of the rare exceptions to that rule. The only ride I have found to be uncomfortable is 7DMT but that is to be expected as it is a glorified kids’ coaster (albeit a fun one).

My husband is 7 feet tall. He was able to go on everything except 7DMT and Space Mountain. Not enough leg room.

Definitely scope out the vehicles in space mountain. If I am remembering correctly, the front seat has less leg room. That was the one that stands out to me as the most uncomfortable.

I feel cramped on Space Mt. Mine Train is a little snug, but Space Mt. is worse.

My DH is 6'6" - he tries to get the middle front seat on test track and 7DMT is tight because of the split lap bars.

I agree with what everyone has said above. My 6'5", 200 lb dh also has had some difficulty with Rockin' Rollercoaster. It ends up hurting his back. He still rode it a couple times, but said it was uncomfortable. Space Mountain was okay as long as he wasn't in front. Seven dwarfs was cramped but he rode it lots, so it must not have been too bad. We haven't been back since FOP opened, so can't comment on that yet.

I’m 6’4” (mostly legs) so I know the struggle of leg room. To give you perspective, economy seats on planes are usually difficult for me to sit in for more than a few hours.

As for ride difficulties, 7DMT I am not too comfortable in but given it’s a short ride, I’m okay. Just have to hope the ride doesn’t stop or I’m stuck at unload for too long.

BTMRR can be a bit tight with my knees pressed against the front of the row but again doable. Same can be said for Pirates with my knees almost up against my chest.

Regardless, there are no rides I “can’t” do because of my height/legs. So I would recommend your sons try every ride and if they are uncomfortable, it’s only at most a several minute ride. Heck, they are young (I’m 26 as well) so they still have flexibility and no aches and pains (yet!)

Enjoy your family trip!

I'm 6'1" and Space Mountain always feels very cramped to me. Knees kind of have to go out to the side of the cart.

My H is 6'6", 250 lbs, and rides everything with no issues, including FOP. I agree with the PP who said the biggest challenge is the lack of legroom on the airplane!

6'6" here and not a kid, 73 years old. I have been able to ride everything over the years but was unable to do FoP or Mine Train. For RnR, sit in one of the odd numbered rows, a LOT more leg room. Space Mountain is really tough to get out of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter