Too short, too hot, still magical.... 8/19-8/22 anniversary trip

caitcance

Earning My Ears
Just got back from a short 3 night stay at POFQ with my DH. Neither of us had been to WDW in over 10 years but thanks to the Dis I had a clue what was going on! I am going to try to give a detailed report of each day but here are some overall impressions:

1. Magic bands are awesome. Worked flawlessly, super convenient.
2. Disney transportation overall was wayyyyy faster and easier than I had read online. Maybe we were just lucky but with one single exception (25 min wait for a bus to AK) we never waited more than 3-4 min for a bus or boat.
3. We found the other guests to be perfectly polite and friendly, no horror stories about rude people here. There was some minor pushiness at RD going to 7DMT but nothing remarkable. We did have lots of fun, nice moments with guests (now my DH is super friendly and if we see someone's kid do something cute he will always comment on it so I'm thinking you get back from people what you put in.)
4. We grossly underestimated the heat. 97 degree days without a cloud in the sky just wears on you. Around 4 pm trying not to pass out at world showcase we almost called it a day right then. We ended up skipping Illuminations and just leaving after dinner, which was a bummer, but that sun just zaps your energy.

Ok, next post will be an actual trip report, I promise!

We were there from the 16th thru the 20th for our Anniversary!
I agree about the heat, it does drain you!

We also thought everyone was very nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter