Too many choices, too little time! Deluxe Diners I need some help! (long)

SnowWhite33

DIS Veteran
Our trip in June is making my brain hurt :headache:

Normally it is just me, dh, and ds,15, who go to WDW (10 years straight this year :cool1:) and we always do the basic dining plan. It never fails that we end up paying OOP for at least 2 meals and we purchase at least 2 mugs. We also normally travel in the fall, this will be our first every June trip.

This trip we are taking 2 of our grandchildren, dgs is 6, dgd is 8. With adding in a few more character meals and the Luau we decided to go Deluxe dining. By the time we figured out the extra cost we are saving money.

So this should all be easy right? Of course not, give me more options and I turn it into a nightmare :sad2:

Can someone please critique-gently ;)- my plans. It has been some years since we have had little ones along, and never had more than 1 at a time. So I'm having a little anxiety, but hoping that all goes smoothly. Normally this is so easy for me, this time I'm not sure why I'm having so much anxiety, :rotfl: I'm worried about some of the days having meals too close together.

I've listed our parks and general plans. I've made notes too as to why some meals were scheduled the way they were. Also we will have 5 GAD vouchers and will be using those for the FP's so I'm hoping that helps to compensate for any crowds.

First 2 nights we are staying at POP and then moving over to the Poly.

6/7-late arrival to POP
Dinner:QS OOP

6/8-Water Park
Breakfast-in room
Lunch-QS
Dinner 6PM HoB with cheapo gift cert from restaurant.com :thumbsup2

6/9-Early(7am) check in at Poly-MK
Breakfast:8:15AM CP
Lunch:1:45PM Kona
Dinner:8PM Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

6/10-DHS help needed on this day-I can't figure out where to put our break for the day in, but I know we will need one. I think since we will have the GAD FP's rope drop is not as important, and a break after dinner might be the best choice. Opinions?
Breakfast-in room
Lunch-11:20AM SciFi-going to check in at 11 and *try* to get seated early
Dinner-3:55 Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner pckg (Fantasmic at 9PM)

6/11-AK(No break today since we will be leaving park after the parade)
Breakfast-8:05AM Donald's Breakfast Safari
Lunch-1:10PM Tusker House (Nemo Tickets w/this lunch)
Dinner-7:55PM Chef Mickey's (family tradition)

6/12-Epcot
Breakfast-in room/snack
Lunch-12:20PM Biergarten (family favorite)
Dinner-7:30PM 1900 PF (when I asked dgs what he most wanted to do in WDW his answer was "dance with Cinderella"-I'm going to try and speak with the hostess when we are seated to see if I can get some Pixie Dust on this one :) )

6/13-Sleep in (just a little ;))
Breakfast-in room/snack
Lunch-12:20PM Teppan Edo (first time here, has been on my son's wish list for a long time)
Dinner-7:05PM Yachtsman Steakhouse :cloud9:

6/14-MK
Breakfast-Main St Bakery (sharing just a few items)
Lunch-1:05PM Whispering Canyon Cafe
Dinner-6:30PM Ohana's

6/15-Epcot
Breakfast-in room/snack
Lunch-12:00PM Akershus
Dinner-7:55PM Narcoossees

6/16-check out day
Breakfast: 7:30AM Ohana's
Lunch:QS from Poly
ME picks us up at 12:30PM

Even with all of the meals planned there are still a few things left off that we would have like to done-mainly some QS meals that we enjoy like Sunshine Seasons and Mexico. DH just thinks that if we can get a sit down for the same credit as the QS we should because of food quality and the nice break that it makes. Of course plans change, over the last 10 years I don't think we've stuck to every single ADR we've made, but with the way it is you have to have a plan or be eating burgers every meal.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through this and for any advice you might have.

Looks good, a good mix of places. My family is doing the deluxe dining for the first time this year.
My plans are using 1ts. for lunch or breakfast and then signature restaraunts @ dinner. My kids would not be able to sit thru 3 restaraunts a day, so I choice to do it that way. Except the Christmas Party day it is just 1900 Park Fare breakfast and then 2 counters througout the day/night.

Have a wonderful trip! Give a report when u get back we have a few of the same restaraunts. Would love to hear about them.

DH and I usually do the DxDp and my only suggestion is that you don't to 3 TS meals in one day. I noticed that 2 of your days you have 3 TS meals planned, you end up just way too full and uncomfortable. Maybe instead of lunch at the TS, you could fit in some of the CS meals that you wanted to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter