Too aggressive on dining?

Primerz

Master Builder
Hi friends-

After reading through what I wrote below, I want to acknowledge that it seems absurd that this is a "problem." I am fortunate that I can even get to DLP and if I had to eat a sleeve of crackers each day in the park instead of dining in restaurants I would consider myself lucky. With that out of the way, here is my dilemma:

I have a habit of over-planning my Disney trips, and a likely once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disneyland Paris is especially at risk for that. We have three full days there, which I have heard is a good amount of time, but am I taking too much time doing table service meals? Here is what I have planned:

Day 1: Hotel breakfast, Walt's, Downtown Restaurant
Day 2: Hotel breakfast, PYM's, Remy's
Day 3: Plaza Garden breakfast, Auberge de Cendrillon, and Agrahbah Cafe

Time is the big issue, but so is that we have thee dining plan which means I want to maximize it versus quick service. Some notes:
  • I recognize that back-to-back character meals aren't ideal on day three but we want to take advantage of the extra early hour as much as possible
  • Having read that meals can take up to two hours, wondering if that applies to buffets
  • I know I am not really going to any place for the food but for the memories
  • Jack's is closed during our visit
Thanks for any feedback you may have.

Some questions:

When are you going ? Aka, is the park open late or is it back to the hotel after dinner.

What is more important: getting your money's worth with the dining plan or park time?
(And do other people in your party agree?)
How likely is it that you will be back?
What was the price difference between the dining plans?

I haven't been to all table service restaurants on your list, but I would reckon Agrabah and then Remy's are the most themed. And probably the best for making memories. The others are more 'regular' restaurants with nice pictures on the wall. Not sure about PYMs.

I am personally not a big fan of character meals, as you never get a good picture (too many people in the background). If I would pick, I would pick the Auberge because you can get better, more personalized attention from a face character. Plus probably a better chance at rare characters for Americans. Suzy and Perla are usually in attendance, and sometimes a prince joins his princess ;)

Buffets tend to go quicker because you are in charge of the food delivery. Haven't done breakfast at Plaza, but if I am not mistaken drinks were delivered at lunch, no soda fountains etc.

Thank, Karin- we're going in June, so the parks will be open on the later side. That's something I hadn't thought of so appreciate that!

I'll take all of this into consideration, thanks again!

I think Karin has covered the main points. It's worth remembering that you can have a bit of a wait to be seated at table service / buffet restaurants (similar to the US) as well as service taking longer. We've always had a short wait for Walt's, even when the restaurant doesn't seem busy.

PYM had a bit of a line just to get to the stand to let them know we'd arrived, we probably were almost two hours from arriving to leaving. That being said, we took our time and tried just about everything on the buffet since we only book one table service meal each day, you could of course move more quickly than we did :-)

Thanks, Louise, that’s helpful to know. I’m probably the one who will want to try everything, my kids will be the ones who can’t wait to get back to the rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter