Tony's Town Square Restaurant

MikeWDW35

Earning My Ears
I’ll be at Magic Kingdom on September 20th 2019. I wanted everyone opinion on Tony's Town Square Restaurant. I was thinking of Ordering the Fried Mozzarella and Spaghetti for dinner and the Cannoli for Dessert.

Many complain about the food at Tony's but many others think it is fine for what it is. I have always enjoyed my meals there. I would equate it with an Olive Garden in terms of food quality. If you go in with reasonable expectations and don't expect gourmet Italian, I think it is perfectly fine. I like the atmosphere, too.

We ate there once in 2015. I had the chicken parm with alfredo sauce. My husband and daughter had the spaghetti. I can't remember what we had for dessert. The food was perfectly acceptable. I will agree with the Olive Garden comparison. We did have to wait about thirty minutes past our reservation time. This is a pretty small restaurant.

It really depends on the quality of Italian food where you live. In the northeast (NY/NJ), there's 5-star Italian restaurants all over the place (including the dishes prepared by my family at home), so I could never see myself eating spaghetti and meatballs from Tony's.

I had very low expectations due to reviews and it was pretty good. I agree with the Olive Garden comparison. It's far from 5 star Italian food, but it tastes good after working up an appetite at the parks.

We really like it there. I have had either the spaghetti with meatballs or the chicken parm and the tiramisu for dessert.

I was wondering the same. I have heard that it has improved vastly of late. I am considering the Parade Package as we will be attending during Christmas Break.

I had very low expectations due to reviews and it was pretty good. I agree with the Olive Garden comparison. It's far from 5 star Italian food, but it tastes good after working up an appetite at the parks.

That is all we expect, fair food that tastes good, booked a parade package and was a bit concerned with some of the reviews, thanks for posting!

I've eaten at Tony's twice, First Time and Last Time. It was 6 years ago. The spaghetti sauce was watery and no real flavor to it. Maybe it's improved. I expect Disney's restaurants to improve if they are only average.

One thing I've heard consistently on these boards is that people don't care for the red sauce at Tony's, but we've never ordered the red sauce entrees and everything we've had has been great, so my recommendation would be to order accordingly.

Have not been to Tonys since the new head chef. Reports are that the food has improved. In the past, I would not put it in the category of Olive Garden. Olive Garden is much better. However, do plan to try again and give the new chef a chance.
I am in the group the previously the red sauce was to be avoided at all cost. Better sauce can be found in a can. Hopefully, that has changed.

Their marinara is horrid. 🤢 I think if you stay away from dishes that have marinara (like the spagetti dish) you should be fine.

Have not been to Tonys since the new head chef. Reports are that the food has improved. In the past, I would not put it in the category of Olive Garden. Olive Garden is much better. However, do plan to try again and give the new chef a chance.
I am in the group the previously the red sauce was to be avoided at all cost. Better sauce can be found in a can. Hopefully, that has changed.
Totally agree. Tony's is nowhere near Olive Garden. I happen to like olive garden.
I'd put Tony's on par with chef boyardee. (no, im not joking).

I always really enjoy Tony's, and I think your menu selections are solid. If you do end up ordering the spaghetti, I'd recommend the meatballs over the italian sausage. Not that the sausage isn't good, but I think their meatballs are one of their better items.

If you end up being really hungry when you go and want to be a little adventurous, they do an italian trio that includes chicken parm, spaghetti with a meatball, and fettuccine alfredo on one plate. It's quite a large portion, and a little pricey, but very good. You might not have room for dessert after that though!

This is my 9th trip to WDW and as an Italian girl from NJ I've always made an ADR then cancelled because of the awful reviews. I don't even like Olive Garden. However, I do love Lady & The Tramp and have been dying to visit. So of course I made an ADR for my upcoming trip with just my adult DD and I and was wondering how the pizza is at least? We are only planning to go to MK early that night to see HEA, so not really looking to venturing all over the park.

Just ate there in April for the first time. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it either. Between the 4 members of my family we tried a variety of appetizers, entrees, and desserts; the best appetizer was the fried mozzarella and the cannoli was the best dessert. None of us tried the spaghetti so can't help you there.

This is my 9th trip to WDW and as an Italian girl from NJ I've always made an ADR then cancelled because of the awful reviews. I don't even like Olive Garden. However, I do love Lady & The Tramp and have been dying to visit. So of course I made an ADR for my upcoming trip with just my adult DD and I and was wondering how the pizza is at least? We are only planning to go to MK early that night to see HEA, so not really looking to venturing all over the park.
I tried my son’s pizza and did not care for it because of the aforementioned bad red sauce. Everything we’ve eaten without the red sauce has been delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter