Tony's Merriest Town Square Party

Linleedo

DIS Veteran
Anyone been to the party? I was wondering what you think about the food, number of people, and the view for the second parade at MVMCP. Thanks for sharing.

I was just going to reference Josh's review on Easy WDW, but Hopefully beat me to it! Its a good, comprehensive review. His overall impression is that he felt it was worth it. Benefits being a respite with air conditioning or heat (depending on weather), substantial food offerings - more than sweets, and prime parade viewing. He also liked that the party extends past the MVMCP end time, so you can hang out for a bit while the crowds clear. He did say if you don't care about being in the front row for the parade, it loses some of the value. His biggest gripe, from what I recall, was some of the food offerings were meh.

For me, its an interesting option but I think families with small kids would be rolling the dice, since the party is from 9:30-12:30 and the parade viewing is for the second parade. That makes for a late night with little flexibility to leave early, or else you're not getting your money's worth.

Sorry but I have no patience to read through 10+ pages of the mvmcp thread for Tony's reviews. Here's my beef about the Tony's thing. Your already paying about $100 for mvmcp, hefty price as it is....then another $99 for the Tony's thing. Thats a lot of money. You have to ask yourself, is it worth it to sit in Tony's and miss out on the party? Its like you're paying almost $200 just to eat Tony's apps, drink, and watch the parade. On the flip side, can you really take advantage of Tony's and get your money's worth while attending the xmas party (which you also paid a hefty price tag for)?

Some people would say yes, its worth it because of the prime viewing spot for the parade. Sure, makes sense. You have to decide whats important for your family. If you've been to mvmcp many times and want something different thrown in the mix, then this may be perfect for you. Me, I couldn't justify the cost. First, i dont drink. Secondly, that's a lot of money to blow for a few hours. I cant imagine dishing out all that money for mvmcp and then just sitting in tony's to eat/drink. But thats just me.

OP, im sure by now you read some of the reviews on the food. From what i gather, there are a lot of flops like the rubbery calamari, the chicken/leek puff pastry, and the pizza. But for the most part you can find some decent apps to eat. It looked like a pretty big spread.

Sorry but I have no patience to read through 10+ pages of the mvmcp thread for Tony's reviews. Here's my beef about the Tony's thing. Your already paying about $100 for mvmcp, hefty price as it is....then another $99 for the Tony's thing. Thats a lot of money. You have to ask yourself, is it worth it to sit in Tony's and miss out on the party? Its like you're paying almost $200 just to eat Tony's apps, drink, and watch the parade. On the flip side, can you really take advantage of Tony's and get your money's worth while attending the xmas party (which you also paid a hefty price tag for)?

Some people would say yes, its worth it because of the prime viewing spot for the parade. Sure, makes sense. You have to decide whats important for your family. If you've been to mvmcp many times and want something different thrown in the mix, then this may be perfect for you. Me, I couldn't justify the cost. First, i dont drink. Secondly, that's a lot of money to blow for a few hours. I cant imagine dishing out all that money for mvmcp and then just sitting in tony's to eat/drink. But thats just me.

OP, im sure by now you read some of the reviews on the food. From what i gather, there are a lot of flops like the rubbery calamari, the chicken/leek puff pastry, and the pizza. But for the most part you can find some decent apps to eat. It looked like a pretty big spread.

All of these are valid points. But another way to look at it is that you can come and go from Tony's as you please during the 3 hour window. So, you don't have to waste time sitting in Tony's - you simply stop for a break and to have a snack, and most everyone will need to sit for a break during the party at some point anyhow. Especially by that time of night, and if you've been there since 4pm. It also makes a good shelter from the weather. And lastly, any time you'd waste staking out/holding a parade spot is made up for by having prime reserved parade viewing you can simply walk up to at start time. So you do save some time there.

All this said, I do agree its a hefty price tag and I'm not sure I'd buy it for myself, but there definitely are pros and cons for each family.

All of these are valid points. But another way to look at it is that you can come and go from Tony's as you please during the 3 hour window. So, you don't have to waste time sitting in Tony's - you simply stop for a break and to have a snack, and most everyone will need to sit for a break during the party at some point anyhow. Especially by that time of night, and if you've been there since 4pm. It also makes a good shelter from the weather. And lastly, any time you'd waste staking out/holding a parade spot is made up for by having prime reserved parade viewing you can simply walk up to at start time. So you do save some time there.

All this said, I do agree its a hefty price tag and I'm not sure I'd buy it for myself, but there definitely are pros and cons for each family.
You make some valid points. I keep forgetting that Tony's party doesnt start until 930pm. By that time, if you've been in MK since 4pm, you might be ready to eat/drink. And yes, the viewing for the parade is nice. The fact that alcohol is included is a bonus.

Heck, if you have money to blow, then why not. But for me, I personally don't think its worth the $99. Thats just me thou.

Heck, if you have money to blow, then why not. But for me, I personally don't think its worth the $99. Thats just me thou.

Agree... I don't think I'd pay it either. Its a lot for one person, say nothing about a family!

They make a point of stating that you can come and go for the duration of the event, but Tony’s is allllll the way back at MK’s entrance, so coming and going isn’t logistically that beneficial, unless you’re done for the evening and just want to hang out and relax. We’re only a family of three, but booking this would be almost, if not more on some days, an additional $600! Can I afford it? Yes, but I’d probably feel ripped off at spending that much for a party within a party, and it just bugs me SO MUCH that they oversell the parties, then try to sell you ANOTHER party so you can have an uncrowded view of fireworks or a parade.

:sunny:

They make a point of stating that you can come and go for the duration of the event, but Tony’s is allllll the way back at MK’s entrance, so coming and going isn’t logistically that beneficial, unless you’re done for the evening and just want to hang out and relax. We’re only a family of three, but booking this would be almost, if not more on some days, an additional $600! Can I afford it? Yes, but I’d probably feel ripped off at spending that much for a party within a party, and it just bugs me SO MUCH that they oversell the parties, then try to sell you ANOTHER party so you can have an uncrowded view of fireworks or a parade.

:sunny:
You hit the nail right on the head. Yes, Tony's is right by the entrance. HUUUUUGE inconvenience if you want to stop a few times during the party. And ya, a party within the party. I couldnt believe it either when i first heard the news. Like come on! Approx $100 for a mvmcp ticket...then another $99 on top of that? Really?? They could've at least blocked off the area for fireworks viewing too. Not just the parade. And on top of that, opened Tony's at 7pm when the party starts...930pm seems a bit late. Then, MAYBE then would I consider $99. (ok who am I kidding, I still wouldnt go).

Huge rip off in my opinion. But hey, if you build it, they WILL come. Disney damn well knows no matter what, people will pay. ;)

it just bugs me SO MUCH that they oversell the parties, then try to sell you ANOTHER party so you can have an uncrowded view of fireworks or a parade.

THIS. It used to be that part of the appeal of the parties were the limited number of people. But the reports I am hearing this year for both this and Halloween are INSANE.

I admit that we did do the dessert party in 2016 because it included both parade and fireworks and I think it was around $100 total for myself and my son, so we are probably part of the problem of showing Disney that people will pay it. And to be honest, the thing that stresses me out most about crowded parties is the parade viewing, so I am one who would be likely to book it and just spend the hour I would have spent holding a prime parade spot in the party and then enjoying the extra half hour after close.

But I spend so much on my vacations and I travel alone with my 10 year old on the spectrum that I will often pay what I have to to have a great experience. This will be our last trip for a few years though so even THAT is putting pressure on the magical factor.

I've booked this in for this year. It was a little rough to have to pay for a special event within a special event but the fact that I don't have to worry about getting a good view spot for the parade and that I can come in and out and get some food for the night sold it for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter