Tony Hinds question

I used Tony this month and no meet up at the escalator

He instructed me to call him once we had our bags and to go outside and wait at a specific numbered section for him to pick us up

covid rules still in effect

I think the covid rules changed the procedure for meeting him at the bottom of the escalator to pick up at a numbered section. My 2021 was the first time he wasn’t able to meet us at the escalator.

I used Tony this month and no meet up at the escalator

He instructed me to call him once we had our bags and to go outside and wait at a specific numbered section for him to pick us up

covid rules still in effect

Macraven thank you for posting! Gonna be picked up by him on Monday and never had a private ride service before so I wasn't sure what the procedure was.

Now I just have to pray I don't get lost trying to find my darn bags. It's rough when I can count the flights I've had on one hand. :D

Tie a colorful yarn on your suitcase handle
Will be easier to spot when it comes out to the circular bins

I have a maroon suitcase and saw same color cases when looking for mine
The colored yarn I had on my suitcase handle helped me spy mine quickly

Tie a colorful yarn on your suitcase handle
Will be easier to spot when it comes out to the circular bins

I have a maroon suitcase and saw same color cases when looking for mine
The colored yarn I had on my suitcase handle helped me spy mine quickly

My problem is finding the circular bins. :rotfl2:Usually after a mad landing dash for the bathroom. Once I find baggage i never have a problem finding my case and I get some weird looks. I have a love of stickers. I'm just hoping there is clear signage for ride pickup. MCO is huge compared to my local airport.

$120 for roundtrip is right. Uber/Lyft are closer to $35-40 and subject to surges. And that is just for a regular sedan size. If you need an XL for your group then add another $15+ (typically). Remember that due to Covid, you can't sit up front with the driver on ride shares so factor that into vehicle size.
I know I sat up front with a Lyft driver earlier this month between RPR and MCO, and I’m pretty sure I was up front in the Mears cab from the airport as well…

Has anyone has any problems with Tony's service lately? We've booked with him for the last few years but this is the second time there has been a problem. First time he put our wrong dates in but stuff happens. He sent someone right away so no big deal.

This time is a bit more than that. Lack of response to emails.
I just made an email request yesterday and he got back pretty quickly, but with the wrong pickup date. I emailed back that the pickup date was incorrect, figuring he would review it and send a new confirmation but nothing so far.

I just resent a new email with the correct information.

Last edited:
He will connect with you
He has become swamped with new bookings

Yep. I booked with him a couple months ago for our trip starting Jan 9. It took him almost two days to reply (which usually never happens), but we're all set :-)

Two days ?
I have had a few waits of one week before he connected with me

He gets tied up which is not a problem for me as I don’t do last minute bookings

Two days ?
I have had a few waits of one week before he connected with me

He gets tied up which is not a problem for me as I don’t do last minute bookings

I guess I've been lucky - I usually hear from him the same day! But waiting is never an issue since I book well in advance as well.

Update: I have traveled all over and booked many tours, transports, etc, but I do not understand his communications. And what is this google meet stuff?

We have used Tony upteen times with no issues with communications. Sorry you are experiencing issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter