Tony’s at Magic Kingdom

We had always tried to eat at Tony's but it had never really fit into our schedule. We usually travel during summer months and eating a heavy Italian meal when it is 90 degrees outside just never felt right. When we finally did try it we were pleasantly surprised. My whole party (6 in all, 4 adults 2 kids) really enjoyed our meals.

While I will read all the reviews on this site, I rarely follow what any of them say because people have such different tastes. There are quite a few places that people rave about, while when I have tried them I thought they were not good and there are some that I agree with what others have said. It always makes me laugh when people on these boards are so adamant about their opinions and will continually disagree with others that feel differently.

I didn’t car for it, but it’s probably a safe choice for families with kids.

Although, I did enjoy the cheesecake.

Last edited:
It wasn't so much a taste issue - it was bad prep. I've had acceptable meals there before but my last time there was an obvious issue in the kitchen. For instance, 2 of us ordered the wedding soup. One was almost water, and the other was like a salty miso concoction. In other words, it's not made there, and it had separated and nobody bothered to stir the pot before serving it.

I fully understand different tastes, etc. Heck, I'm fairly picky myself. But Tony's has had a perpetual management problem for years, and getting a decent meal there has been a crap shoot. At Disney theme park prices, that's utterly inexcusable.

I really enjoyed it. I went during lunch about a year ago and got the spaghetti. At the same time, I'm not a super picky eater. People however will compare this place to Il Mulino or some other high-end Italian restaurant and that's why they think it sucks.

It wasn't so much a taste issue - it was bad prep. I've had acceptable meals there before but my last time there was an obvious issue in the kitchen. For instance, 2 of us ordered the wedding soup. One was almost water, and the other was like a salty miso concoction. In other words, it's not made there, and it had separated and nobody bothered to stir the pot before serving it.

I fully understand different tastes, etc. Heck, I'm fairly picky myself. But Tony's has had a perpetual management problem for years, and getting a decent meal there has been a crap shoot. At Disney theme park prices, that's utterly inexcusable.

If I could like a post 1000x it would be this one. It is the FIRST restaurant you see walking into the MK. People should expect better and receive better.

As I stated earlier in this thread my family owned an Italian Restaurant for many years. In no way am I comparing our restaurant food to Tony's.
But.....If the food comes from a supply, or is made from a recipe it should fairly taste the same no matter what. If you just have to mix something (like the soup Scubacat spoke of) it should be presented well every time!

When you follow a recipe and your just measuring and stirring ingredients it should taste the same.
There is no excuse that one person makes it different. You aren't making something chef qualified which would lend to the excuse as to why it's possibly different. ( I hope that is written in a way it's understandable) lol

Our restaurant was very well known and our only competition was a restaurant across the street. The other place had great pizza but that was their only "prize dish". Our pizza was an 8 to their 10. We piled in the customers every night because people loved ALL our food. The other restaurant survived on their pizza alone. (That is why Friday and Saturday was their only busy night)
That is Tony's problem IMO. At least have 1 awesome dish people can rave about.....and swarm in for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter