• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tonga Toast Can it be GRILLED?

Disneyluver4Life

Mouseketeer
Hey Guys,
I read somewhere on here if you call ahead of time they will grill your tonga toast in the KONA CAFE instead of frying it and I was wondering if you guys know if its true?? Or what was your experience with it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I did a search and there are guite a few posts about people getting it grilled.

My question is can they make it with egg substitute? Grilled and egg substitute would at least lower the calorie count some.

We ate at Kona on April 7 and they would not grill it.
In fact when I asked the server laughed at me, then proceeded to lecture me.
She said there was no way that grilling it would melt the banana mixture and it would come out cold.

I wound up having it the normal way, I just didn't eat the corners because that is where the grease seemed to settle. Blech!
The middle part was good though.

That was my experience.
After she laughed at me, I thought I had imagined reading about it being grilled. Glad to see that I am not crazy, it has been posted before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter