Tomorrowland Speedway

klrobinson999

Earning My Ears
Do people really hate this attraction, or just feel it's a waste of potential land? It's always busy, AND young kids seem to love it. I don't think it's going anywhere (TRON is not displacing it, so that's very revealing). I remember loving it when I was young. It's almost an iconic ride at this point, so perhaps an update is more in order than actual elimination. Futuristic car designs might do the trick. I've always thought it bridged Fantasyland and Tomorrowland rather well. I realize it's not for everyone, but neither is Space Mountain. Like the Tiki Birds, I hope they never get rid of it.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...stake-heres-how-walt-disney-world-can-fix-it/

We haven't ridden it in years. It needs to become electric to keep up with the times if they are going to keep it.

Do people really hate this attraction, or just feel it's a waste of potential land? It's always busy, AND young kids seem to love it. I don't think it's going anywhere (TRON is not displacing it, so that's very revealing). I remember loving it when I was young. It's almost an iconic ride at this point, so perhaps an update is more in order than actual elimination. Futuristic car designs might do the trick. I've always thought it bridged Fantasyland and Tomorrowland rather well. I realize it's not for everyone, but neither is Space Mountain. Like the Tiki Birds, I hope they never get rid of it.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...stake-heres-how-walt-disney-world-can-fix-it/
My son loves this ride, too. I remember liking it as a kid.

I think the people who hate it are mostly "Disney adults" who regularly visit the parks without kids. Most adults drive regularly, so the appeal of getting to do so at a theme park is lost on them.

In addition to watching my son have fun, I've always liked the nice views of MK you get from the speedway.

I agree that a change to electric cars would be healthier, more pleasant & environmentally responsible, but I don't see profit-driven Disney spending the money to do that.

Kids do like this ride. The problem is that it is not a fast loading ride and so the line gets long. Then too the queue is in the sun. Otherwise more folks would ride.

We like it. We RD it right after Buzz with a 10 minute wait. The kids drove/me & DH were their passengers. We made fun of the kids driving skills of what we get to look forward to in a couple of years. We all had a great laugh.

My kids love it. My main issues, which was mentioned above, is the gas fumes. If you end up waiting in line the gas fumes / heat combo is a killer.

I'd probably like it more if I had been allowed to drive the car when I was a kid... but no... my dad liked driving more than riding. :rolleyes2

I'd REALLY like to see it updated to electric, though!

I agree with the previous poster whom posited that most whom complain are likely Disney Adults. My son loved it when he was younger, and still enjoys it now, even though he is a teenager. I enjoyed it, even when I was in my late teens, and old enough to drive a real car, and I still enjoy it now.

I also agree with those who suggest that a change to battery powered cars might be a good thing. I'd also love to see some more scenery along the track, and it would be nice if the cars had a little tighter steering, so you were actually in some kind of control of the vehicles.

I wouldn't want to see the attraction removed though, kids love it too much, and it always has a line. Just update it a bit.

I remember when I took my niece when she was 12, the thing we most rode over and over was the Speedway. She loved it. I didn't like smelling like a garage mechanic when we were finished, but you gotta do what the kids most want.

It's one of those rides that I have to look at through the eyes of a kid. My kids love it and when I was little I loved being able to drive a "real" car. One of the best memories I have of this ride is taking my DS on it on our first trip with him when he was 3. I let him drive while I worked the gas pedal. He loved it and I couldn't have been any happier.

My kids hate this ride because we’ve never had a steering wheel that worked.

I always like it. Just wish they would replace it wif electric cars.

Pros
-small kids enjoy it

Cons
-the queue is all outside leaving people in the heat and fumes
-all the fumes from the cars
-the steering is awful. If you want kids to actually drive the go carts then they need to actually make it where they can steer.
-takes up way too much land
-cars go way too slow

I think they should either speed the cars up or just remove the railings under the cars and let it be traditional go carts. They go so slow that kids could actually have fun with no railings.

Also think they should just go electric and improve the scenery around the track. Add in some characters or some shrubbery

Little & medium kids ADORE this ride. They love it first when they are little, and get a renewed interest in it once they are 7 and can ride alone. I agree its stinky and slow to load, but my kids would never ever ever let us skip it.

It bores me but I remember when my 17 year old was 5 and we rode them. She still talks about beating her mother and step-father. We have to ride it once every trip.

Kids do like this ride. The problem is that it is not a fast loading ride and so the line gets long. Then too the queue is in the sun. Otherwise more folks would ride.

Not to mention, the carts are so slooooowwww. I can see how little kids would like it, but it takes up a lot of prime land. Local fun parks have faster carts and without the rails, not to mention bumper cars/boats which are fun for all ages.

My kids are teenagers and still ride it, I think for the nostalgia value. It is just completely mindless and fun as opposed to many attractions that are designed to overload your senses. It obviously isn't going anywhere and thank goodness staying with good old gas powered vehicles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter