Tomorrowland Sky Lounge dinner

I hope this sticks around because I'd love to do this during our next trip (February '23).

Magic Journeys posted good coverage of the experience on YouTube today.

Limited entree and dessert choices, I was considering it before but after seeing the video I don't think it's worth it. For example, the entree is a choice of (1) MEATY-OR SANDWICH (meatloaf) with side of seasoned fries or pasta salad, (2) CHICKEN STAR-MESAN SANDWICH (chicken parmesan) with side of seasoned fries or pasta salad, or (3) SUPERNOVA PASTA BAKE (vegetables and pasta in marinara sauce with dairy-free cheese).

You can see a shot of the menu with more details at 4:16 in the video.

After watching a couple video reviews I think I'll pass on this one. Having to pick up the food ahead of time takes away from the experience, I think, and also the menu doesn't look that great. It seems kind of neat but for the price I'd rather do something like the parade dining package or Fantasmic meal/viewing.

Im pretty floored that they took away Mickey and Minnie....that's not cool. I hope the higher ups hear all the complaining on this one and make a change...quick. If the fireworks are cancelled I get it, it's beyond anyones control. But at least having characters present made up for that potential take away. I don't even care what characters they are, in fact rare would be cool, but just ANY characters, even ONE character meet would make this worth it.

Im pretty floored that they took away Mickey and Minnie....that's not cool. I hope the higher ups hear all the complaining on this one and make a change...quick. If the fireworks are cancelled I get it, it's beyond anyones control. But at least having characters present made up for that potential take away. I don't even care what characters they are, in fact rare would be cool, but just ANY characters, even ONE character meet would make this worth it.
Yeah, I don't get that AT ALL. We did the experience pre-covid and it was worth it because of the pics/background we got with the famous couple. One and done was good enough for us, but hearing back on the food situation and lack of M&M is really disappointing.

I do not get the appeal of this experience. I am at Disneyland, why would I want to sit around for hours and play giant Jenga? 🤷‍♀️ I’d rather go on rides or see shows or something other than sit around, ha ha. And if the fireworks get canceled, it’s really disappointing.
Everyone does Disneyland differently...and find happiness in different experiences. We did this experience a few times before the park shut down. It was so nice to kick back with unlimited beverages and fabulous desserts, cheese, crackers and fruit while listening to the live band below, interacting with the cm's, photos and fun with Mickey and Minnie, watching the fireworks in comfort, and yes - playing Jenga and other games! After doing rope drop and running around the parks all day going on rides, it was nice to slow down a bit and take it all in...the beauty of Tomorrowland as the sun set, people watching, making new friends while enjoying this experience. You can also exit and re-enter at any time during the experience, so you don't have to "sit around" the entire time. And fireworks get canceled all the time, so I would not recommend doing this if viewing fireworks is your main reason for booking the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge.

Everyone does Disneyland differently...and find happiness in different experiences. We did this experience a few times before the park shut down. It was so nice to kick back with unlimited beverages and fabulous desserts, cheese, crackers and fruit while listening to the live band below, interacting with the cm's, photos and fun with Mickey and Minnie, watching the fireworks in comfort, and yes - playing Jenga and other games! After doing rope drop and running around the parks all day going on rides, it was nice to slow down a bit and take it all in...the beauty of Tomorrowland as the sun set, people watching, making new friends while enjoying this experience. You can also exit and re-enter at any time during the experience, so you don't have to "sit around" the entire time. And fireworks get canceled all the time, so I would not recommend doing this if viewing fireworks is your main reason for booking the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge.
I could see more of an appeal if it was still like this as you described. Unlimited desserts, cheese and crackers and fruit? And I can pop in an out at any time? That sounds awesome for snack and drink breaks! But now you pick up your own meal and dessert at Galactic Grill and carry it up. Once you eat it, sounds like the food is over but not the beverages. We don't drink soda or anything though, so that part would not be a value for us.

I could see more of an appeal if it was still like this as you described. Unlimited desserts, cheese and crackers and fruit? And I can pop in an out at any time? That sounds awesome for snack and drink breaks! But now you pick up your own meal and dessert at Galactic Grill and carry it up. Once you eat it, sounds like the food is over but not the beverages. We don't drink soda or anything though, so that part would not be a value for us.
Totally get it. I'm not too excited about the food offering now, but we may give it a try just to check it out for ourselves. I believe they are still offering bottled water, coffee and hot chocolate.... it's also my understanding that you still have in/out privilege, too. I am more bummed that the couches are gone! It definitely made it feel more special!
Oh, forgot to add that the desserts were not unlimited before...they came in a container with your cheese, crackers, and fruit.

Totally get it. I'm not too excited about the food offering now, but we may give it a try just to check it out for ourselves. I believe they are still offering bottled water, coffee and hot chocolate.... it's also my understanding that you still have in/out privilege, too. I am more bummed that the couches are gone! It definitely made it feel more special!
Oh, forgot to add that the desserts were not unlimited before...they came in a container with your cheese, crackers, and fruit.
I would be so curious to hear you compare the two experiences, then and now!

Interesting! We wanted to do this previously before COVID. We've started to slow down a bit and just do relaxing trips instead of being park commandos lol. We may look into doing this on future trips just to relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter