Tomorrowland construction update (again), small park report and park pics!

I wonder if the grass is to keep people off the main paths more... a place to view parades and/or fireworks that wont impede traffic as much on the concrete areas.
I’m at DL now and just asked one of the gardeners (??) about the grassy areas. He said that they’ll definitely install gates (and perhaps plant some flowers) tonight. @crystal1313

Awesome! We will be there this weekend so I can see with my own eyes! Can't wait!!!
Glad to hear it! I should be at rope drop on Sunday (to the right of the hub as you look at it from Main Street. Keep an eye out for me and by all means feel free to say hello :-).

The entrance to TL looks so much better now! But I will still miss the vegetable plants and fruit trees (my not-so-secret-garden) that used to be where the grassy patch is now. We used to love watching the mom ducks herd the tiny ducklings through the rows of vegetable plants. And the plants would be changed out every so often, so it was fun watching that and trying to guess what the new plants were.
Hope things are looking up and that you are doing better today, Rob!
Yes! It does look good but the orange trees! Waaaaah!!!

That looks really nice!

And Rob, thank you for frequent reports! I always look forward to them, and I love hearing all your little insights. The post about you getting to push the button made me giddy on your behalf :-)

That looks really nice!

And Rob, thank you for frequent reports! I always look forward to them, and I love hearing all your little insights. The post about you getting to push the button made me giddy on your behalf :-)
Glad to hear it. I enjoy doing them and am glad that other people get some joy from my efforts. I’ll be back at the park on Thursday.

Your eight-year-old is correct. If everyone felt (and behaved that way) rope drop would be a better experience for everyone :-).
Yeah, when I was there two weeks ago, people were respectful about not charging out when the CMs removed the ropes. When they were given permission to start walking, however, so many people booked it through the castle and were definitely running. Even though we were headed to Peter Pan and there were dozens and dozens of people in front of us, we got there with enough speed walking somewhat faster than a normal stroll and spent maybe 3 minutes in line, tops. I don't understand the need to disobey orders, especially when there's a ton of other people around you trying to run as well.

I was probably among them ;-). In fact; right around 7:55 I usually turn to a friend and say “Dude, any obvious runners?” Then we’ll share our suspicions of who may run. When we see people doing runners’ stretches, that’s often a good indicator. And about once a month I see a kid (12-15) who I know always runs. He beat me the first time. But now when we see him, we know to weave and block him in other ways. jerk! ;-).

"Jerk" is right.

Yeah, when I was there two weeks ago, people were respectful about not charging out when the CMs removed the ropes. When they were given permission to start walking, however, so many people booked it through the castle and were definitely running. Even though we were headed to Peter Pan and there were dozens and dozens of people in front of us, we got there with enough speed walking somewhat faster than a normal stroll and spent maybe 3 minutes in line, tops. I don't understand the need to disobey orders, especially when there's a ton of other people around you trying to run as well.

"Disobey orders"? It's Disneyland, not the army.

"Disobey orders"? It's Disneyland, not the army.
No, it's not, but Disney would more than likely will be liable/finding themselves in litigation for some dumbo who runs off, trips over their own foot, and cracks their front teeth out. Knowing how sue-happy people are, I wouldn't be surprised if someone sees it fit they'll go to town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter