Tom & Suri

I disagree. Seriously, how often do you really look at a person in a crowd at WDW or anywhere else that large? If TC had a cap and sunglasses on with a little girl in a ponytail it wouldn't even cross my mind that he was "anyone" if he were just standing in line for the teacups. I think most of these celebs bring it on themselves with these big "Look at Meeeee!" entourages.

:thumbsup2

How about the fact that this is a free country and because someone is famous doesn't give anyone the right to judge them and tell them what to do?

Suri has't even chosen it for herself.

Tom has chosen to be an actor and he's a successful one, how that makes people think he's public property, I don't know.

I bet u don't like it when know-it-alls tell you how you should raise your children.

What you think about Disney offering a VIP service is one thing, but that someone (who doesn't have much of a choice if he wants to go to WDW at all) chooses to use it and if he wants to carry his daugher or not, why do you think that's any of your business?

I think most of these celebs bring it on themselves with these big "Look at Meeeee!" entourages.

If you think about it, it HAS to be done. If ONE person spots them, it turns into a madhouse, so they need the special services.

I'll tell you a story. About 6 years ago, I was at Islands. I was waiting outside a shop with my sister when she pointed at a man in a yellow poncho about 15 feet away from us, who was walking by himself, and said to me, "that's Steven Tyler"... as soon as she whispered that to me, it's as if the whole world heard and out of no where came a HUGE crowd. He was nice to everyone but 4 seconds later he had security around him guiding the way, and the crowd continued to follow him.

On the other hand, many of you are questioning why Tom is wearing long sleeves and jeans....

well folks, if he is working on a film (or has a new one to film very soon) many celebrities cover up if they will be in the sun for a bit, so that they don't get a suntan/get red.

I remember one celebrity saying she wanted to go to the beach with her friends and had to be covered up in towel the whole time so she wouldn't get a tan and ruin the continuity shots.

Also, I think it's REALLY weird how some of you are saying "in pictures Katie's doesn't carry her", "Tom is always carrying her in every picture" .... is that what you guys do all day? Look at pap shots?

For there to be so many pics in different media outlets this is obviously a photo op. He's not there to blend into the crowd and be a regular guest. You can tell those pics.

Yeah-like putting himself in a big hat, sunglasses and stuffing Suri into a stroller because everyone thinks he should would be a good idea. Whatever:sad2:.

She is a beautiful little girl enjoying a day at WDW with her Dad--why all the judging?
Carrying her is a beautiful thing-you can see how much he loves his girl. He wants to carry her-her carries her!
She looks so innocent and adorable in that Ariel outfit!

Looks like he did a fine job of taking his DD out and having a good old Disney day! It looks as close to a normal day as it could look to me.

:mad:And I'm not even a big Tom Cruise fan-just piping in with my 2cents because I can't stand some of these responses!

I think that most people wouldn't notice celebrities in the parks except for the paps, and entourage.

We saw Paris Hilton and Benji Madden in the parks back in '07 or '08 and they were walking with a single CM steps ahead, past loads of people, and with no one noticing or saying anything. I think the only reason we noticed them was because we'd been at Tower of Terror earlier in the day and heard girls gossiping about them being on the ride. Otherwise, just another couple walking hand in hand.

As far as special treatment, there is no way celebrities like Tom Cruise or Paris Hilton (back in the day when she was still a tabloid favorite) could wait in a line for a ride. They would be harassed to no end by the people around them.

Oh and fake Santa can't even get away with an autograph session!! Disney doesn't want it either.

My sister who lives in Florida went to Blizzard Beach yesterday with her family. My niece, who is a little older than Suri, actually got a high five from Tom! She got a picture on her phone with Tom standing and smiling with my niece while standing in knee high water (not sure where it was at Blizzard Beach) My sister said that they actually were in line with them for a water ride and that Tom talked to them while they waited. She said that he was super nice and really down to earth.

I realize that he is a celebrity and with that comes a lot of criticism. It is just a shame that so many people make judgements based on the few photos or TMZ reports they get their hands on.

Yesterday, he was just a Dad - trying to share the joy of Disney with his child just like we all do. Maybe he is feeling sad or guilty that his daughter is going through a rough time, maybe he just plain misses seeing her as often; whatever the case, he deserves Disney time just like we all do! :thumbsup2

As far as judgements on Suri, having 10 or 20 camera in your face, people shouting your name and blocking your path would be overwhelming for an adult. I can't imagine how it seems to a little girl. If she sometimes feels more protected in the arms of her Daddy, that is sweet and completely normal.

Everyone Deserves Disney Dreams!

Hope they are having a great time, but does this child ever walk!?! I swear in almost every picture I see, she's being carried. She's 6... put her down!!

I was just going to say that! Almost all the pics you see of Suri...she is being carried!

My sister who lives in Florida went to Blizzard Beach yesterday with her family. My niece, who is a little older than Suri, actually got a high five from Tom! She got a picture on her phone with Tom standing and smiling with my niece while standing in knee high water (not sure where it was at Blizzard Beach) My sister said that they actually were in line with them for a water ride and that Tom talked to them while they waited. She said that he was super nice and really down to earth.

I realize that he is a celebrity and with that comes a lot of criticism. It is just a shame that so many people make judgements based on the few photos or TMZ reports they get their hands on.

Yesterday, he was just a Dad - trying to share the joy of Disney with his child just like we all do. Maybe he is feeling sad or guilty that his daughter is going through a rough time, maybe he just plain misses seeing her as often; whatever the case, he deserves Disney time just like we all do! :thumbsup2

As far as judgements on Suri, having 10 or 20 camera in your face, people shouting your name and blocking your path would be overwhelming for an adult. I can't imagine how it seems to a little girl. If she sometimes feels more protected in the arms of her Daddy, that is sweet and completely normal.

Everyone Deserves Disney Dreams!

ITA with this. Very well said. They deserve a Disney day just as much as the rest of us.

These people never get any peace from the paparazzi. You can see why from just the obsession about them on these boards. I bet that they would love to just be able to enjoy things without all of this fuss. Plus why would Tom want any extra media attention right now? It's all bad attention and just leads to more and more nasty gossip.

For there to be so many pics in different media outlets this is obviously a photo op. He's not there to blend into the crowd and be a regular guest. You can tell those pics.

I don't think you understand how paparazzi photorgraphy works. There could be one photographer (paparazzi or civilian) who happened to get 15 pictures for the sake of argument. Then the photographer can sell those pictures to the different news outlets. It's not like TMZ and People had someone there on the scene, they just bought someone else's pictures. :confused3

ITA with this. Very well said. They deserve a Disney day just as much as the rest of us.

:thumbsup2

I'm not a Tom fan, nor a Katie fan, but just because her parents are famous, and can give her everything, doesn't mean she can't enjoy everything we give our own children.

This thread isn't really about theme parks attractions and strategies, so I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

this thread started with an internet rumor and asking DISers to be on the lookout for tom and suri. it's laughable that you think "blending into the crowd" was ever an option.

Really??? I find this annoying. Sure, they're "famous" but I hate to see that type of special treatment. I can understand if they usher famous people around to avoid crowds flocking to them, but roping off an area like that is absurd.

Does anyone else think that all of these public sightings (Tom and Suri in WDW and Katie and Suri in NYC) are just PR ploys to make them look like "average people" trying to spend time with their daughter? I know I'm a mere commoner, but I just don't understand the PR crap. I think if they just acted like normal people, the PR people wouldn't have to work so hard.

there aren't internet rumor sites to track the movement of "normal people." no one on the DIS would start a thread about you and spend 6+ pages evaluating pics of you and debating your personal business.

if tom and suri tried to act like "normal people", there would be 10,000-15,000 people at wdw who figured "it's just one picture/autograph, tom...what's the big deal?"

is it really that hard to try to put yourself into someone else's shoes?

Sounds like a bunch of you on here are jealous that they get special treatment while you scour the park getting fast pass tickets. Guess what, they probably paid a lot of money to get that treatment. We got VIP treatment earlier in the year when I had family in town from south america. We had them for 2 days and we did all the parks. It was well worth it.

Our home in Miami is in an area where many celebrities live and I have met many of them. We have the paparazzi and tour groups all the time cruising the shores looking for celebrities since they are not allowed in our neighborhood. They absolutely hate being bothered by the photographers and fans with autographs, photo-ops, etc. Let them just have fun in the parks.

It's for safety reasons. The paparazzi are very aggressive, and so most publicity experts agree that it's for her safety, as it wouldn't take much to knock her over or scoop her up.

We arrive next week, so glad it's this week, as my kids wouldn't be having any roped off areas! LOL!

Tiger

I'm wondering how, if we saw this, I could explain to my 2 little ones why one child gets special treatment to play with Mickey & Minnie and they don't. It's hard enough sometimes explaining why we can't spend more than a few minutes in line. If they do this, IMO, it should be away from the public

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter