Tom Brady-he thinks his job is like being in the military?

Monday Tom Brady compared the slog of playing in an NFL season to "going away on deployment in the military."
Good grief. He needs to retire. Now.
Well to be honest the way you have to stay in shape is like boot camp every summer, and the way you get banged around and the fact you don't have a life during the season and are away from family, I can see the comparison. Obviously it doesn't compare to being in an actual war zone but there are some non combat jobs in the military it would compare with.

Well to be honest the way you have to stay in shape is like boot camp every summer, and the way you get banged around and the fact you don't have a life during the season and are away from family, I can see the comparison. Obviously it doesn't compare to being in an actual war zone but it certainly does compare to a non combat role.
We'll have to completely disagree on this one.

It's pretty obvious he is talking about the TIIME he spends away from his family can only be compared to the TIME the Military spends away from their family. Much ado about NOTHING. The GOAT , offending snowflakes everywhere.....

It's pretty obvious he is talking about the TIIME he spends away from his family can only be compared to the TIME the Military spends away from their family. Much ado about NOTHING. The GOAT , offending snowflakes everywhere.....
Time? It doesn't compare. But nice Tom can work his schedule to suit him. He skipped flying with the team home to attend a wedding recently.
And then there are the private jet rides. He's privileged. He should own it.

I have only seen bits and pieces of their marriage troubles, and don’t really follow them, but the little I have seen leads me to believe he is just trying justify the way he has treated his family, and there isn’t any justification really. Other players manage to play the game and make time for their family, because their family is important to them. It’s all about priorities. His priority appears to be football first, maybe only, and he has that right. He simply has to be willing to accept the consequences for his decision. His wife also has the right to leave if her needs are being ignored, and after the retire-unretire play he pulled, she probably doesn’t trust his word right now. He has probably earned enough that he wouldn’t have to work if he wanted to dedicate his time to repairing his marriage, but I don’t believe he thinks he should have to work on it. I feel bad for the kids.

Well to be honest the way you have to stay in shape is like boot camp every summer, and the way you get banged around and the fact you don't have a life during the season and are away from family, I can see the comparison. Obviously it doesn't compare to being in an actual war zone but there are some non combat jobs in the military it would compare with.

Stop. Please. This is an embarrassing take.

Of course he’s wrong. Instead, the life of an NFL superstar is easily comparable to that of a grocery store associate.

Oh yeah. When I deployed with my military units, we often sat around in the chow hall and compared our life to that of NFL players.
And the soldiers were in tears, having been joked-dropped right into Laughganistan.

I think that he meant that also. But seriously, it is not even a close comparison. His family can fly out to see him whenever they want. Or he can fly back to see them. People in the military are not free to come and go as they please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter