Toll Pass - Locals familiar with area - HELP

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
Alamo allows you to pay X amount per day up to 5 days then for additional days there is no charge (our rental is 8 days). They then charge tolls to your cc when they come in allowing you to through the pass line. Is this the best way to do it with the Orlando freeway system? We will doing a lot of tavel between Disney Springs area and Auburndale ... Disney Springs to Lake Wells and Disney Springs area to Lakeland. Wondering about tolls in that area. Here in AZ we have 0 toll roads.

Not sure where Lake Wells is, but Auburndale and Lakeland are both off of I-4. No tolls between DS and those two. However, there is a toll road in the Lakeland area that you might be directed onto depending on where specifically you are going in Lakeland.

Not sure where Lake Wells is, but Auburndale and Lakeland are both off of I-4. No tolls between DS and those two. However, there is a toll road in the Lakeland area that you might be directed onto depending on where specifically you are going in Lakeland.
Thank you! Not exactly sure where but my son is playing in a college baseball tourney and it just says Lakeland.

Also, if you do get directed onto the toll road in Lakeland, you will only be charged the usage fee for that day, not the entire length of your rental contract (or the 5 day max). Alamo, Enterprise and National only charge you per usage day, not per rental day.

Alamo allows you to pay X amount per day up to 5 days then for additional days there is no charge (our rental is 8 days). They then charge tolls to your cc when they come in allowing you to through the pass line. Is this the best way to do it with the Orlando freeway system? We will doing a lot of tavel between Disney Springs area and Auburndale ... Disney Springs to Lake Wells and Disney Springs area to Lakeland. Wondering about tolls in that area. Here in AZ we have 0 toll roads.

Yes, this is your best way to do it. Are you renting at the airport? You will probably end up on the toll road between MCO and Disney Springs.

Others have already informed you about tolls near Lakeland.

And, I was informed by the poster who provided the Sunpass link, showing the companies that charge a LOT more than Alamo. Wow.

You can just use the cash toll booths and pay as you go. No extra rental company per day/use charged on top of the toll. The only time there is a charge like that is if you go through a toll that either doesn't have a cash toll, or you missed getting off on the far right toll lane. In that case a photo is taken and charged to the owner or rental company, which would then be charged by Alamo to your credit card for toll and the day use charge. Unless it matters to you, it only a few minutes paying a toll and the attendants are use to visitors. It will cost you 2.75 from MCO Beachline 528 to Disney area & I think a dollar or so more from MCO to Disney using the 417 route. (the same one the ME uses) that was still the cost as of fall 2020. I4 has no tolls, If anything, most tolls are only a couple of bucks or under at most. We are from NY and rent a car 2-3 times a year driving from MCO, so planning on getting the Unipass from Florida soon to use in several states.

this map is a wee bit old but shows the toll roads in Florida and the electronic system they belong too .... in general the various systems (primarily the Orlando system and the states SUNPASS system have fully reciprocal arrangements. The state is on a road to remove the 'manned' booths everywhere so the cash option areas are dwindling .... where there is no cash option the 'toll by plate' system comes into play .....

if you didn't take a look ... the less friendly of the rental companies .....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter