Toledo's?

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We are doing the HS After Hours Event for our next Disney vacation. For now, I have Toledo's at 5:00pm and I see the event lets you in at 7:00pm. We are staying at CSR. Has anyone ate there? if so, what did you think? We are adults only.

Thank you as always!

Last edited:
Love that restaurant. Been a few times! I also love the Dahlia Lounge which is also up there - they have really great appetizers that you can make into a meal and some incredible cocktails! My favorite is the El Pepiño.

I got the Chef's Dinner for Two one time and that steak was super. It was actually a ton of food so all 5 of us shared the appetizers and dessert and three of us shared the steak but I know everyone is different with their desired portion sizes. (We were all adults)

Also I always love a good Pan con Tomate!

This is definitely one of the better Disney restaurants but does require a bit of a foodie mentality because it is adventurous for some people.

I was also thinking of dinner at Toledo before DHS After Hours. My only concern is the time it might take for dinner. I’ve seen several posts about slow service at Toledo. Anyone have experience with a 5 pm reservation?!?

Went this summer during a slower week and was very excited about this one. We arrived 1/2 hour early to check in and went to Dahlia Lounge. LOVED the lounge, the drinks, the service and view. Our ADR time came and went .... on our second "can you check on our table" we finally got some movement and were seated almost 1/2 hour after our ADR time.

Thought the food was very good! Our server was good. BUT I will be hard pressed to go back. I was disappointed with the lack of atmosphere. Beautiful ceiling. Only a handful of tables have a view. We were sat between the wine cooler and the wine station (a massive island in middle of room). I honestly felt like I had been seated behind an employee area with all the constant hustling happening right next to our table. The open kitchen looked more like a deli counter but really only folks seated next to it have a view. I had seen photos before going, and really didn't seem like the same space.

It's Disney and in a hotel so you will get lots of families eating here (especially when DDP is happening). Strollers around, kids being active and loud. I really didn't have the sophisticated experience I expected.

SO our experience is seating was slow and service is slower paced (as I expected). Food was good but overall atmosphere lacking for me. If staying there (and all adults) I would return to Dahlia Lounge and make a meal there.

410964375_1414245382845985_3399202426657329223_n.jpg

I ate there for the first time in October 2023, and really enjoyed it, but agree that the service was not speedy, although we also took a while to decide on our order, which doesn't help. But I think we ended up being between 2 1/2 & 3 hours, with a break to go out on the balcony and watch fireworks. And we had about a 20 minute wait to be seated after we checked in for our reservation.

Our reservation was later (7 ish, if I remember correctly).

Thank you all for the responses! It looks really pretty! We have the dining plan, and it says it’s one table credit per person.

I had a poor dining experience in September. I'm a solo diner and was a park guest not a convention resort guest and I strongly suspect that was the issue. I often book my ADR right at opening so it's easier for waitstaff to seat me at a 2 top with less wait as more tables available. I wasn't seated at the window but all the tables window side were 4 top so that was expected and not a problem for me. I still had a decent view from the middle of the restaurant as 99% of window side was empty and remained empty throughout my stay. The issue was service. My waiter couldn't be bothered to speak with me. Menu tossed on my table without a word. He was insulted his first table was a solo diner. I also didn't fit the expectation of a convention guest with a big expense account to spend. I had dressed up a bit from my park clothes and was wearing capris, blouse and sandals. While not a signature dining experience, I recognized that Toledo was a bit fancier and made the effort to dress appropriately. I had read all the great reviews including the Michelin recommendation and was looking forward to a good experience. I've traveled through Spain and enjoy traditional Spanish food. I loved my dining experience at Jaleo. I didn't expect Jaleo level service or food but I wasn't paying Jaleo level prices.

I had the scallops which were prepared well. But no side at all not even a garnish or a leaf. I had a Spanish beer instead of wine and this also aggrieved my waiter who rolled his eyes and said nothing. I was processed in and out within 30 minutes. I've dined solo at WDW restaurants for 12 years plus. While I clearly pulled a senior, experienced waiter who was personally offended to waste his time on a solo diner, none of the waitstaff looked to be on point. Mid way through my meal, a friend or former employee arrived and all the diners were treated to a big cluster hug of tears, shouts and general mayhem stretching from the check-in desk into the middle of the restaurant as all waiters rushed to great their friend. If there was a manager on the floor, he or she was MIA. It was clear that any complaints to the manager or request to be seated elsewhere would accomplish nothing that night. Walking out and settling my bill without eating would have been the only realistic choice but I wanted those scallops. I've had some less than friendly or good service at WDW, but this was the worst. I no longer rush to recommend solo dining at WDW anymore. My waiter expected a low tip from the get go because I was a solo diner. He got a low tip because he was offensive and rude. Most solo diners tip well and often generously for decent middling service. I won't be back and won't recommend unless you fit their expectations of an acceptable diner. In other words, at least a party of 4 with an expense account. I appreciate this is just my personal experience. I truly hope no one ever shares this experience.

I had a poor dining experience in September. I'm a solo diner and was a park guest not a convention resort guest and I strongly suspect that was the issue. I often book my ADR right at opening so it's easier for waitstaff to seat me at a 2 top with less wait as more tables available. I wasn't seated at the window but all the tables window side were 4 top so that was expected and not a problem for me. I still had a decent view from the middle of the restaurant as 99% of window side was empty and remained empty throughout my stay. The issue was service. My waiter couldn't be bothered to speak with me. Menu tossed on my table without a word. He was insulted his first table was a solo diner. I also didn't fit the expectation of a convention guest with a big expense account to spend. I had dressed up a bit from my park clothes and was wearing capris, blouse and sandals. While not a signature dining experience, I recognized that Toledo was a bit fancier and made the effort to dress appropriately. I had read all the great reviews including the Michelin recommendation and was looking forward to a good experience. I've traveled through Spain and enjoy traditional Spanish food. I loved my dining experience at Jaleo. I didn't expect Jaleo level service or food but I wasn't paying Jaleo level prices.

I had the scallops which were prepared well. But no side at all not even a garnish or a leaf. I had a Spanish beer instead of wine and this also aggrieved my waiter who rolled his eyes and said nothing. I was processed in and out within 30 minutes. I've dined solo at WDW restaurants for 12 years plus. While I clearly pulled a senior, experienced waiter who was personally offended to waste his time on a solo diner, none of the waitstaff looked to be on point. Mid way through my meal, a friend or former employee arrived and all the diners were treated to a big cluster hug of tears, shouts and general mayhem stretching from the check-in desk into the middle of the restaurant as all waiters rushed to great their friend. If there was a manager on the floor, he or she was MIA. It was clear that any complaints to the manager or request to be seated elsewhere would accomplish nothing that night. Walking out and settling my bill without eating would have been the only realistic choice but I wanted those scallops. I've had some less than friendly or good service at WDW, but this was the worst. I no longer rush to recommend solo dining at WDW anymore. My waiter expected a low tip from the get go because I was a solo diner. He got a low tip because he was offensive and rude. Most solo diners tip well and often generously for decent middling service. I won't be back and won't recommend unless you fit their expectations of an acceptable diner. In other words, at least a party of 4 with an expense account. I appreciate this is just my personal experience. I truly hope no one ever shares this experience.
Wow. That's so disappointing to hear. I hope your waiter was the exception and not how they're now behaving to solo diners. I've done solo dining a lot at Disney and it was never a problem.

I ate there last month with my husband, BIL and SIL. The food was ok but the menu was sub par. There were not enough “small plates” to make a meal out of, and the entrees seemed very limited and random. The octopus was delicious, the pan de tomate was a snooze fest and the flight of four pintxos was too small to be sharable. We also had the Caesar salad which was fine.

Our server was excellent and his wine recommendation was on point but once we got our bottle of wine we looked around and EVERY table had the same bottle. My BIL is a marketing manager for a spirits company, we have no shame and asked if there was a competition or marketing promotion for whoever sold the most bottles of that particular wine. He denied it buuuuut….

After “dinner” we were still hungry which is never a good sign. We went to Dahlia and had an excellent dirty martini and attempted to watch the fireworks. You really can not see the fireworks from the “observation deck”.

One and done!

@Once.Upon.A.Time it is your decision but I wouldn’t do it.

So I loved this place in April 2022. It was amazing, good food, great service, everything.

We went again in February 2023 and it was the complete opposite. It took FOREVER for the kids meals to come out, so they were just tired and miserable, and we had an early-ish time as we rarely schedule TS after 530.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter