• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo Disney Sea

vladimir p

storybookland canal boats #1 fan
Hi! i will be visiting japan in october and i'm planning on visiting one of the parks while i'm there, should i do tokyo disneyland or disney sea? i've been to disneyland anaheim many times.
thanks!!

If you can only do one, DisneySea. Though you will miss out on the wonder that is Pooh's Hunny Hunt. DisneySea however will be more "new" things to be a bang for your buck. Skip Toy Story though, it's the same as Anaheim/Orlando, but with Japanese voices. Insanely popular and you'll just waste time on line when you could be doing Journey to the Center of Earth a few more (awesome) times.

If you can only do one, DisneySea. Though you will miss out on the wonder that is Pooh's Hunny Hunt. DisneySea however will be more "new" things to be a bang for your buck. Skip Toy Story though, it's the same as Anaheim/Orlando, but with Japanese voices. Insanely popular and you'll just waste time on line when you could be doing Journey to the Center of Earth a few more (awesome) times.
disney sea it is then! thanks

Thank you for asking that question....I had the same question, as we just (like 30 mins ago) decided to plan a trip overseas to visit the Disney sites...so it's good to know where we should start....also have to find info on Shanghai Disney....off to search....

Hope you have a blast on your trip!!

Thank you for asking that question....I had the same question, as we just (like 30 mins ago) decided to plan a trip overseas to visit the Disney sites...so it's good to know where we should start....also have to find info on Shanghai Disney....off to search....

Hope you have a blast on your trip!!
i'm so excited! and i think you mean hong kong, i want to go there too, i want to see the paint the night parade with the chinese song!!!!

If you did mean Shanghai Disney, it's set to open Spring 2016, so you probably won't find much information yet.

did you see the video they released today?? it looks amazing!

Oh wow, the Tron ride looks really cool and the castle is huge! Looks like there's quite a few things different from Disneyland Anaheim or Disney World. I'll have to think about a visit in a few years when things calm down. :)

Agreed with the others, DisneySea is definitely where you want to go!!

I really like Tokyo Disneyland but there are many similar attractions to what we have in the U.S. even if they are mostly better versions (and in some cases MUCH MUCH better versions)

Agreed with the others, DisneySea is definitely where you want to go!!

I really like Tokyo Disneyland but there are many similar attractions to what we have in the U.S. even if they are mostly better versions (and in some cases MUCH MUCH better versions)

This was our experience as well. DL was great but very similar, but with only a couple of exceptions it was like "Well, Tokyo DL just took this right out of CA/FL and made it SO MUCH COOLER!!!" But I'll agree with everyone else in that DS is the way to go if you only have one day.

If you've been to Disneyland Anaheim multiple times, then I would echo everyone else and say that you should visit DisneySea.

But, if you're a major Disney fan, I would recommend trying to find an extra day to do Disneyland as well. At first instance, Tokyo Disneyland may seem very similar to Anaheim Disneyland, I think you would find it to be a truly unique and magical experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter