Tokyo Disneyland or Disney Sea?

nahlee

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

I'm planning a really quick trip to Tokyo in May for my birthday and have allocated a day and a half for a visit to Disneyland! I know it's probably not enough time to see everything I want to see, but unfortunately time isn't on my side. However, I'm torn on which part to visit for only half the day. It'll probably be from early afternoon till closing time, but I can't decide! Any tips or opinions you can send my way?

DisneySea...period.

While Tokyo Disneyland is great and a step above most of the other parks, a vast majority of it is very similar to the other Disneyland/MK parks in the U.S.

DisneySea is a totally unique experience that is definitely the one to visit. :thumbsup2

It's an easy decision -- DisneySea. :)

Although the tougher part may be wishing you had MORE time to spend, after your visit!

Hey Nahlee, I think Chris and confectioneer are recommending DisneySea for your FULL day and Disneyland for your HALF day. I think they misunderstood the wording of your question. Sorry to butt in...

Hey Nahlee, I think Chris and confectioneer are recommending DisneySea for you're FULL day and Disneyland for your HALF day. I think they misunderstood the wording of your question. Sorry to butt in...

Oooooooooh! :rotfl2:

oops :blush:

Oops, I did misunderstand!

There's no park hopper option with a 2-day ticket, and you have to specify the park you want for each day. So I definitely recommend DisneySea for your full day.

But...just for consideration...maybe wait until you're into your DisneySea day before deciding if you want to spend your second day there or at Disneyland...?:rolleyes1

[2-day tickets are cheaper than 1-day tickets; you do save about USD $9 that way.]

Confectioneer, you just brought up something I hadn't considered. I'll be there in May as well. I'm planning to get a four day pass. I'd assumed I would have to let them know which parks I wanted to attend on which days at the time of purchase. Are you saying that's not the case -- That can be decided day by day, or the day before? (I hope that made sense.)

Hi TipsyTraveler, you basically had it right the first time. When buying tickets you have to specify the park for each day*. If someone were going for 2 days, and wanted flexibility for the second day, they could do that by just getting a 1-day ticket...and then decide at the last minute which park's ticket to buy for day 2. This is about USD $9 more expensive than buying a 2-day ticket.

*With a 3 or 4 day trip there's more flexibility -- http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ticket/multipass/index.html. Your 3rd and 4th day are "Park Hopper", so it's only the first 2 days to specify.

On top of that, if you're staying at one of the Disney hotels (MiraCosta, etc.) you can get a special ticket allowing park hopping all days.

Okay, that's what I thought. I got confused because I didn't realize you were suggesting the OP purchase separate one-day tickets in your earlier post. But now I understand! Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup2

Hi TipsyTraveler, you basically had it right the first time. When buying tickets you have to specify the park for each day*. If someone were going for 2 days, and wanted flexibility for the second day, they could do that by just getting a 1-day ticket...and then decide at the last minute which park's ticket to buy for day 2. This is about USD $9 more expensive than buying a 2-day ticket.

*With a 3 or 4 day trip there's more flexibility -- http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ticket/multipass/index.html. Your 3rd and 4th day are "Park Hopper", so it's only the first 2 days to specify.

On top of that, if you're staying at one of the Disney hotels (MiraCosta, etc.) you can get a special ticket allowing park hopping all days.

I just returned this week at the MiraCosta and it is NOT the case that you can park hop ALL days. Only 3 and 4….MY advise to the poster is to do first day Disneyland..its a beautiful park..and the the whole day at Sea and stay at Miracosta if you can afford it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIFx6gvqfys

If you are a guest of one of the TDR hotels and purchase your park tickets at the hotel, you have the option to purchase a hopper for all days for an extra cost. Buying the tickets at the hotel also guarantees you entrance in case they close admission due to reaching park capacity.

Note, to take the monorail to hop between parks, it is not free. If you stay at miracosta or the disneyland hotel they will provide a monorail pass for the length of your stay. The ambassador does not provide the monorail pass but they have a free bus. On check out day at the ambassador they will give you a complementary Disneyland parking pass because you have to be out of the ambassador garage by noon.

I just returned this week at the MiraCosta and it is NOT the case that you can park hop ALL days. Only 3 and 4….MY advise to the poster is to do first day Disneyland..its a beautiful park..and the the whole day at Sea and stay at Miracosta if you can afford it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIFx6gvqfys
It is the case you can buy a park hopper that let's you hop all days when you stay at Miracosta but you have to buy it at the counter in the hotel. It's next to the hallway that leads to the banquet dining in the lobby. We bought last time we stayed there for a family member because their schedule was really tight and we needed the park hopper.

It is the case you can buy a park hopper that let's you hop all days when you stay at Miracosta but you have to buy it at the counter in the hotel. It's next to the hallway that leads to the banquet dining in the lobby. We bought last time we stayed there for a family member because their schedule was really tight and we needed the park hopper.
The two day hopper available at the hotel is 12,400 yen so you save $2 over the cost of a regular public passport to either park.
The 3 day hopper is 15,500 and the four day 17,700…..the 6pm entry is 3,300…….I bought a two day for 10,700 ($107) but had to decide at the guest service which park I was going to that day. You can change your mind and upgrade at the hotel guest service counter. So basically there really isn't a same day park hopper..ya only save two bucks. I would post the photo I took of the price list but I have no idea how to post a photo here.
Tim

Sorry, but that's wrong. At the hotels, hotel guests can buy a ticket that allows them to hop each day; I've done it. Nor is it a secret - see item #8 at http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/about/rh/dh_tokuten.html.
yes yes you are right…if you stay at one of the three hotels for 12,400 yen you can get a two day hopper…the confusion was that a regular passport is 6,300 for one park only…thanks for clarifying …..
I found that hopping wasn't necessary …..one full day in disneyland and two full days at disneysea is the way to go…ultimately one night at the ambassador or the new disneyland hotel and two nights at miracosta is the dream trip in my opinion.thanks

Disney Sea really is a beautiful park as the other posters have pointed out and more adult in my opinion. Will you be traveling with kids because mine liked Tokyo Disneyland more as they were more familiar with the MK rides.

Disney Sea has a lot of shows that are really worth taking in if you have the time.

We were there November 2012 and spent a half day from mid afternoon to closing in Disney Sea and a full day at Disneyland

Either way, you'll have a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter