Tokyo Disney prohibiting Disney Vlogging

dunkindonut

Mouseketeer
https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdr/resort/forguest.html

Please refrain from using mobile phones in attractions, show areas and other places where you may inconvenience other Guests.

Refrain from:

Commercial photography or other activity

Commercial activities (exclusive of those permitted by the Company).

Public transmission or recording of any kind that may inconvenience other Guests

The use of unipods, tripods, selfie sticks or other such equipment (hand-size grip attachments excluded) when taking photos or videos.

Taken from the English rules. But I respect the change tbh

I'm pretty sure almost all those rules were there since even before the pandemic. Definitely the phones in attractions, commercial photography, public transmission and unipods/tripods/etc rules. I can't remember if it specifically wrote out "commercial activities" in the past but it seems like that is mostly a problem Disney discovered when Shanghai Disneyland opened. All the Disney parks have banned commercial photography since forever and that never stopped anyone.

And honestly, live streaming in the parks is basically non-existent in Japan except for foreigners. Japanese people have far more respect for other people's privacy than Americans do.

I'm pretty sure almost all those rules were there since even before the pandemic. Definitely the phones in attractions, commercial photography, public transmission and unipods/tripods/etc rules. I can't remember if it specifically wrote out "commercial activities" in the past but it seems like that is mostly a problem Disney discovered when Shanghai Disneyland opened. All the Disney parks have banned commercial photography since forever and that never stopped anyone.

And honestly, live streaming in the parks is basically non-existent in Japan except for foreigners. Japanese people have far more respect for other people's privacy than Americans do.

Yeah, I checked he Internet Wayback Machine and a snapshot of the rules from 2019 has the rules about commercial activities and the use of unipods, tripods, etc. So it looks like nothing has actually changed.

English sources basically ran with half a rumor for this story. The wording around commercial activities changed slightly and according to interviews with OLC, nothing about the actual policy has changed. Japanese articles title their articles as questions loosely translated as something like: "Does Disney's ban on commercial activities affect Youtubers?" while English sources go with statements like: "Tokyo Disneyland bans vlogging".

Vlogging has been banned since forever but this ban was never actually enforced (how can you tell what is commercial photography vs. commemorative photography?). At least some Japanese sources point out that the wording change seems more likely to target resellers due to recent incidents like the fake baby.

This is awesome! I would support this in WDW 100%.

To be clear, "Tokyo Disney prohibiting Disney vlogging" means that nothing about the policy has changed and they have already banned commercial photography on paper but never enforced this rule. This is exactly the same at WDW.

The only difference is that Tokyo Disney bans tripods but allows folding chairs while WDW bans folding chairs but allows tripods.

To be clear, "Tokyo Disney prohibiting Disney vlogging" means that nothing about the policy has changed and they have already banned commercial photography on paper but never enforced this rule. This is exactly the same at WDW.

The only difference is that Tokyo Disney bans tripods but allows folding chairs while WDW bans folding chairs but allows tripods.
Should be enforced at all parks. That’s just my opinion I feel like vloggers don’t respect other peoples privacy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter