Together Forever Projections Question

poptart90

DIS Veteran
If anyone happens to see the new fireworks show early, would you please answer the following?

Are there any projections or special touches down Main Street? In one of the photos it shows projections of Cars racing down the Main Street Buildings...does that happen?

Trying to decide where to "hopefully" get spots to watch. Near Hub or Castle for the main projections? Or Main Street area (where maybe we won't have to sit half the day) for any other special touches? I'm thinking back to the 60th Under the Sea part...that was soooo cool! :)

Thanks and would love to hear a review of the new show!!

I was not there, but someone I follow on Instagram was there, standing in Main Street, and there definitely were projections and some pop ups on the videos she posted on her Instagram account (not_your_typical_disney is her Instagram handle, if you want to check them out).

A CM friend said that the buildings will definitely be used for projections. Disney wants guests to view from different areas and to have a different experience of the show from each spot, so the show design takes this into account when setting up the viewing areas around the park.

I was not there, but someone I follow on Instagram was there, standing in Main Street, and there definitely were projections and some pop ups on the videos she posted on her Instagram account (not_your_typical_disney is her Instagram handle, if you want to check them out).

A CM friend said that the buildings will definitely be used for projections. Disney wants guests to view from different areas and to have a different experience of the show from each spot, so the show design takes this into account when setting up the viewing areas around the park.

Excellent! Thank you both! DS is actually super excited to see the "Main Street" experience (CARS! Lol), so I think we're going to try for that first. Love the fact that they are taking different vantage points into the design. And definitely checking out that Instagram account, thanks!

Just checked out those video clips from the preview!! Wow. Ok, please tell me other people start to cry when watching stuff like this...in my Uggs with a cup of morning Joe, and Kleenex littered everywhere!! LOL Hoping I'm not the only "instant" cry at that beautiful Up song! Can't wait for tomorrow!!

...Are there any projections or special touches down Main Street? In one of the photos it shows projections of Cars racing down the Main Street Buildings...does that happen?

Trying to decide where to "hopefully" get spots to watch. Near Hub or Castle for the main projections? Or Main Street area (where maybe we won't have to sit half the day) for any other special touches? I'm thinking back to the 60th Under the Sea part...that was soooo cool! :)

Thanks and would love to hear a review of the new show!!

Yes, there are definitely special projections and special touches! We watched from Main Street (waited for about an hour) -- the projections on the buildings are great! One tip: try not to be next to an alley, but in a spot with solid buildings on both sides. You want solid "screens" for the projections and the alleys and cross walkways break up the images. I've heard that there are special touches at the ROA and at IASW -- we're going to have to check this out in the next few weeks.
One warning: there is a fire sequence based on the incinerator scene from "Toy Story 3," so if that was too scary for your little ones, beware. A little girl near us was a bit upset by that -- not her favorite scene, I'm guessing.

Yes, there are definitely special projections and special touches! We watched from Main Street (waited for about an hour) -- the projections on the buildings are great! One tip: try not to be next to an alley, but in a spot with solid buildings on both sides. You want solid "screens" for the projections and the alleys and cross walkways break up the images. I've heard that there are special touches at the ROA and at IASW -- we're going to have to check this out in the next few weeks.
One warning: there is a fire sequence based on the incinerator scene from "Toy Story 3," so if that was too scary for your little ones, beware. A little girl near us was a bit upset by that -- not her favorite scene, I'm guessing.

My daughter was so upset about that scene in the movie and cried for a long time :worried:

Just checked out those video clips from the preview!! Wow. Ok, please tell me other people start to cry when watching stuff like this...in my Uggs with a cup of morning Joe, and Kleenex littered everywhere!! LOL Hoping I'm not the only "instant" cry at that beautiful Up song! Can't wait for tomorrow!!
You are not alone!!! I get all choked up when I see the parades & fireworks. Even when I'm watching them online. So glad I'm not the only one.

Oh man I'm so glad I just read this. I was watching Fresh baked Disney this morning with my coffee like I usually do a few months before a trip (lol) and when I saw a certain residence from a certain Pixar film flying above the castle with some inflated colourful objects I ugly cried for a solid ten minutes then sent the clip to all my Disney loving family members so they could ugly cry too.

Why did it take Disney so long to think of doing that? OMG. Seriously the best thing ever.

In case anybody wants to see a taste of the Together forever fireworks at Main Street, here’s a video that I took during the smooth run on April 10th. We were on our way to the hotel but we decided we’ll take a peek of the new fireworks as we plan to watch it on April 13th with our fantasmic dining package. We were at the end of Main Street. We’re glad we watched it cuz my kids really enjoyed it. Main Street I would say is the best view of the fireworks. It’s like a party in the entire Main Street.

Now that I've seen the new show, I have to admit that that sequence confused me initially. The first time I saw the show, I was standing on MS, closer to the Clothier corner, so I couldn't see the main flat portion of the buildings near me. I could see the orange colored block shapes being projected, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the sequence was supposed to be (guess I'm not familiar enough with Toy Story 3 to recognize the dialog). The next night, I saw the images of Woody and group and I figured out what the sequence was...I don't know that the show needed a "scary"-type sequence; it would have been fine without it (I'm sure they could have figured out some other way to work in the castle flame effects).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter