• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toddler Clothing

mamadonna

Earning My Ears
How many times a day did you change your toddler's clothing at WDW? My son just started walking last month and he gets pretty dirty everywhere we go. I'm planning on a morning outfit and afternoon outfit. Does this sound good? Any suggestions?

ALWAYS take an extra outfit. My daughter is 4 and we will be bringing along extra clothing. You never know what might happen. When my DD was 10 months she got a stomach virus and went thru 4 outfits in about 2 hours. She was fine after that ( still don't know what happened) but if we had not taken extra clothes she would have been covered in vomit all day.
One extra outfit should be fine...I took 2 extras at that age 'just in case'. My DH always made fun of my HUGE diaper bag but it all paid off.

DS is 2 and I plan on taking one extra outfit with us. We are staying onsite so if need be we could always go back to the resort for a change too.

I HATE lugging a lot of junk around. BUT my two year old absolutely will NOT tolerate any kind of wetness on her clothing. Be it spills or otherwise. So what I do is go to walmart and purchase some shorts and t shirts from the garanimals line. They are very compact and you can fit several "outfits" into a ziplock bag. They usually run about $3 a piece and are usually mix and match interchangeable. She starts out the day in a cuter outfit and as the day wears on almost always ends up in those cheap-o outfits from wally world.

If you are anticipating being in any situations where you may get wet (Aladdin's spitting camels, for instance, or a splash fountain) you may want to prefer using lightweight woven clothing that day. (This goes for the grownups as well.) Remember that woven fabrics dry more quickly than knits of the same weight, are more comfortable when damp, and tend not to get that "dragged down" look.

Another good trick to do is to carry a flat cloth diaper (or washcloth) in your bag for cleanups, along with a little bottle of dishwashing liquid, or my personal fave, Wal-Mart's antibacterial hand soap, which is the best universal stain remover I've ever used! Paper towels are useless for scrubbing at spills on clothing, they shred. Besides, a flat cloth diaper is thin, very absorbent and big enough to use as an emergency bib, cover-up or cooling cloth.

As a rule, I pack 2 outfits per day, per person. You will want to put on something fresh for the evening (especailly after a pool break or nap). For a toddler, I wouldpack three outfits per day and alwasy have an extra on hand. Fold it up tiny and stick it in your diaper bag. For the evening, you might want to bring something she can sleep in. For that last diaper change before she is out for the night, you can put her jammies on and put her right back in the stroller.

We usually do bath time right after the pool while at WDW. He is too tired late at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter