• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Today's podcast............

Are you serious?? This tragedy happened down the road, and (usual?) viewers wanted them to move on and talk about Disney Springs construction updates or something?
The woooorst.

And Pete even said at the start they weren't gonna talk about other stuff.
People are ....interesting sometimes.

Yep one person even kept demanding they acknowledge the C list pop singer who was killed on Friday night. She wanted an update on that and I finally chatted at her to google it if it meant that much to her as these 5 men were affected by this weekend and they get to talk about what they want to.

It shocked, disturbed, and angered me that while Ryno was breaking down and Kevin went to hug him some crazy was going on and on. To me if they could listen to Ryno crying sharing his story and continue to argue that owning an AR-15 was their constitutional right then something just isn't right in their head.

Please know that the show today was necessary. All of you needed to vent your anger, frustration and sadness about what happened early Sunday morning and those of us who live away and know you through the podcast or through ABD or events needed to see that you are going through the grieving process appropriately. Up until Ryno began speaking I had hoped that none of you had known anyone, but it broke my heart to see how unsettling it has been for him because he knew people there and that he could have been there if not for work. Kevin has always impressed me as a very nurturing person and he showed this by trying to comfort and take care of Ryno.

Hugs to all of you, all of us around the country and the world share in your anger and sadness.

Chris

Are you serious?? This tragedy happened down the road, and (usual?) viewers wanted them to move on and talk about Disney Springs construction updates or something?
The woooorst.

And Pete even said at the start they weren't gonna talk about other stuff.
People are ....interesting sometimes.

Chat was basically split 3 ways:
1 - People expressing their love for the team and gratitude that they were discussing this topic
2 - People who thought this wouldn't have happened if we all had semiautomatic weapons (and while I understand the importance of gun control and 2nd amendment debates ... not the time and place for it)
3 - People who wanted them to change the topic

It was fun stuff.

Yep one person even kept demanding they acknowledge the C list pop singer who was killed on Friday night. She wanted an update on that and I finally chatted at her to google it if it meant that much to her as these 5 men were affected by this weekend and they get to talk about what they want to.

Yeah. That too.
I think Grimmie is a wonderful talent who was taken from us too soon ... but this was not the conversation for that. At best, it belongs on the Universal show. Not in the middle of a discussion of a hate-motivated mass murder that personally affected the team.

My thoughts and prayers are with the team and with everyone affected.

The podcast was great. My heart was breaking for the team expecially Ryno. You all have great strength to put your emotions out there for the world to see.

My heart was breaking for all of you as I watched the show today. It saddens me that people have to live in fear because of who they love.

My prayers for everyone in the LGBTQ community and their friends and family. I love you all and will continue to listen!

The whole if this wasn't a gun free zone maybe they could have shot the shooter just baffles me. This was a dark crowded place. Imagine now, shots ring out, you now have a dark, crowded place completely in chaos. How in the world are you going to get a clear shot of the gunman??? People are running all over the place. Also, if you don't see who the gunman is when it first happens, how do you know who you are pointing the gun at is actually the gunman and not someone else trying to stop him. Now imagine the police come on the scene and they see several people with guns, how are they suppose to know who is the shooter and who isn't or if they are all shooters. There is no way having a gun in that sitation would have helped, it only would have led to more dead. That is why that security officer probably didn't shoot him, he was trained enough to know unloading his gun in a crowded chaotic room was not the best decision. This isn't the movies where everything is choreographed and the good guy always gets his man.

Thank you guys for today. As much as I'm sure you needed the time together, it was also helpful for all those far away trying to process this and figure out how we keep getting here and what we need to do from here on out. Best discussion of anything I've watched.

It shocked, disturbed, and angered me that while Ryno was breaking down and Kevin went to hug him some crazy was going on and on. To me if they could listen to Ryno crying sharing his story and continue to argue that owning an AR-15 was their constitutional right then something just isn't right in their head.

I was getting seriously ticked when people kept wanting to talk about Dole Whips and crap like that...you can't teach class or heart...some people obviously don't have either...I was disheartened by that to a degree. BUT thankfully there were plenty of us there to show love and support to the team. Watching the Disneyland videos afterwards and seeing how happy Ryno was when those were made...just breaks my heart. Much Love to the team and to Orlando. <3

I started to read bios & family/friend memories about the victims today & yesterday - completely lost it at work. Hard to believe what we have all lost. 100% senseless.

Thank you all! I've never met any of the team, but you were first in my mind when I saw the news.

The singer who was shot was awful as well, but yeesh. Pulse, as people can see, was more than enough for one show.
I'm sure they'll acknowledge her next week or something.

Kudos to the Dis team for finding the strength to do the podcast. Ryno, my heart hurts for you. Don't ever be afraid or ashamed of who you are. You are a beautiful person :hug: . All of you are in our prayers. Your Dis family will always be there for you no matter the distance . :grouphug:

Last edited:
I usually listen to the podcast in the car, but I don't think I'll be doing that this week. I think it'll be a case of sitting down properly to listen, without any distractions.
Sending love from across the pond xxx

I usually listen to the podcast in the car, but I don't think I'll be doing that this week. I think it'll be a case of sitting down properly to listen, without any distractions.
Sending love from across the pond xxx
I'm so glad I waited until my children were asleep to watch it. Very moving and thought provoking. No matter where you stand on the gun issue, it is powerful.

Just watched the podcast this morning and my eyes are still sore from all of the crying in all honesty.

I would love to thank the team for being so brave and baring their emotions on the show in the way that they did. It was more powerful then anything I have seen on TV and it touched me in a profound way. Sending all of my love and support to everyone there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter