• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Today's First-World Whine

Yesterday morning someone posted ALL the spoilers for Avengers Endgame on this board. I saw it by accident before the Mods removed it. :(

They removed it? Good! I saw that post & opened it but when I saw it was an actual list, I didn’t read it. The poster was brand new too. Why would someone join a board just to post movie spoilers??? :confused3

Nope, it’s not removed. Just saw it a few posts down. The poster’s name is actually “avengerspoiler”. :sad2:

Last edited:
I saw on another Disney board that someone had done the same thing about the Avengers. What a cruddy thing to do.

I had planned on going to an outdoor "showroom" for patio furniture, but it's raining. I can't go tomorrow and they aren't open Sundays or Mondays.

I FINALLY got up the nerve to buy our 4 plane tickets for our big “last family hurrah after son graduates from college and before he starts his job” vacation to London and South Africa this July. Unfortunately the ticket prices never dropped down as low as they were this time last year (about $1300). The lowest I saw them for was right before Christmas at $1620 for a decent flight schedule. They’ve only gone up (and up and up) since then. Last night I saw a decent flight schedule for $1819 - the lowest I’ve seen since the tickets at Christmas. I bought them as I cussed myself out for not getting the $1620 tickets. Bye bye $800!!!!

I hate gambling and buying plane tickets is such a HUGE gamble these days.

Despite being incredibly careful to scroll fast on facebook and muting any and all Avengers-related tags on twitter and instagram, I still managed to see a couple spoilers because my jerk cousin was going through facebook and spoil-posting on every Avengers-related post he saw :mad: I've now muted the cousin.

My other first-world gripe is that I can't wear my contact lenses today because I have an eye appointment tomorrow, and I hate wearing my glasses.

I have waited so long for spring to get here, and now it finally is, but...

Spring allergies are killing me! I don't usually have them this badly, but they're kicking my rear this year. (We had new landscaping done around our patio last fall. I hope I didn't inadvertently plant something that's trying to kill me!)

My daughter bought a mint plant for our garden a couple weeks ago but it's still risky to plant in my area of PA (we have danger of frost through May here) so I have all the plants lined up on a sunny windowsill but I got kind of lazy for a couple days and didn't water them and now the mint appears to be dying. I watered heavily in the hope that it will recover, if not ill have to break the news to her.

Isn’t weather this time of year just lovely? Two days ago we had a high of 20°C and now we have snow in the forecast for the next few days lol

I have two cup holders in the center console of my car. One is bigger than the other, and it's the only one that will hold my giant commuter coffee cup. The other day I got into my car with my my purse, keys, lunch, coffee, etc. DH had left his sunglasses in the big cup holder, so I had to juggle everything around to get a free hand to move his glasses before I could put my cup down. I told him about it later and he said, "Sounds like a first-world problem." So that's mine for the week.

DS20 goes to a private university on the other side of the country. He calls and texts me with his first-world problems almost daily. His latest, "Mom! The dining hall has a baked potato bar but they don't have any bacon bits! Who sets up a baked potato bar with no bacon?" Today, the Cold Stone truck ran out of ice cream and pulled away just as he was walking up. They said they were going to reload and be back in a couple of hours. But he has a dance class later and would probably miss that one too. And then the only Endgame showing they could find with enough seats for all his dorm friends is tomorrow night at 11 p.m. Poor little thing. :rotfl2:

Isn’t weather this time of year just lovely? Two days ago we had a high of 20°C and now we have snow in the forecast for the next few days lol
Yes! I do have a few things planted in pots outside and I have to bring them in this weekend because temps are falling into the 30s (fahrenheit), when we were almost at 80 earlier in the week. It's lovely spring weather! I just had my winter tires taken off my car so I would be freaking if we were getting snow! Hope you don't get much accumulation.

Mine is that last night after seeing the Avengers movie I stepped into a hole in the parking lot, and went down pretty hard. One ankle is super swollen and I can't put much weight on it. I have a giant bruise on an elbow, and road rash on a knee. And I am supposed to be working a ton as we have a corporate visit next week. And my job is not a desk job, it involves a lot of running around and going up and down ladders. So I don't know what I am going to do, I really need to work but can't do my job right now.:sad2:

Despite being incredibly careful to scroll fast on facebook and muting any and all Avengers-related tags on twitter and instagram, I still managed to see a couple spoilers because my jerk cousin was going through facebook and spoil-posting on every Avengers-related post he saw :mad: I've now muted the cousin.

My other first-world gripe is that I can't wear my contact lenses today because I have an eye appointment tomorrow, and I hate wearing my glasses.

After the movie last night out in the parking lot some jerk was yelling out spoilers. What a jerk

DD wanted to go to the movies and it seemed like the perfect, miserable rainy night for it. But Endgames has taken over the local theater so there were no appropriate kids movies showing (last weekend there were 3 but we were going Easter stuff).

(So we had junk food for dinner and are watching a movie on Netflix so it is all good in the end)

Mine is that last night after seeing the Avengers movie I stepped into a hole in the parking lot, and went down pretty hard. One ankle is super swollen and I can't put much weight on it. I have a giant bruise on an elbow, and road rash on a knee. And I am supposed to be working a ton as we have a corporate visit next week. And my job is not a desk job, it involves a lot of running around and going up and down ladders. So I don't know what I am going to do, I really need to work but can't do my job right now.:sad2:
No, no, no, that's an actual real problem - way out of the league of broken DVR's or caffeine in your soda pop. Sorry to hear; it sounds very ouchy and I hope you are better soon. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter