Today at the MK: Broken, Broken, Broken, and Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaDisneyDreamer

DIS Veteran
After our pre park breakfast, SDMT was closed to technical difficulties. Decided to go to Pooh. It wasn’t open yet. Rode the Speedway and HM, but Space was down to technical difficulties. Rode BTMRR. Splash was down. Tom Sawyer Island closed and not open until 11. Railroad closed.

Splash still down.

My goodness. Far too many closures and technical difficulties for the large crowds today.

Theme park rides break down. We had a very unfortunate day back in 2008 where everything seemed to break down on us. To make things worse, it was our last morning before we left for the airport. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
Thanks! We are still in good spirits. We get to come more often than many, so we aren’t missing a chance of a lifetime. We will have fun no matter what.

We were there Friday (2/16J - MK was totally packed like during Christmas, it was very difficult to even walk.
Splash mountain was down for 2 hours.... our FP was a 60 minute wait, walk up was 130 wait.
BTM was down for 2 hours but we used our FP right as it came up and got right on.
Space mountain FP was 55 minute wait as they were down during the day also.

We stayed past Happily Ever After to see if things loosened up bot waited 45 minutes for Haunted Mansion and Pirates .... called it a night.

I feel like it's been a tough few weeks at MK. We were there 2/15, and BTMMR was closed during our FP time (9:30-10:30) and when it finally reopened, it only had 1 track (3 trains) going, so the FP line was 30 min every time we tried to use our anytime FP.

Space was down when we were there on 2/13, and when our friends were on on 2/12.

Splash was closed on and off. Add in the higher than usual winter crowds, and it's been tough going at the MK.

Theme park rides break down. We had a very unfortunate day back in 2008 where everything seemed to break down on us. To make things worse, it was our last morning before we left for the airport. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
Theme park rides break down more when they are old, not properly maintained, & run at high capacity constantly.

Making a lot of leaps here...who says that it's a mechanical failure? I've heard from several CMs, including a long time employee and family friend, that the overwhelming majority of shut downs are due to guests doing something they aren't supposed to...either on purpose or by accident.

Yes, I have no doubt that the rides have technical malfunctions. Given how much use they get, that stuff is going to happen. But it could also be guest malfunction, can't just assume it's "cost cutting".

Making a lot of leaps here...who says that it's a mechanical failure? I've heard from several CMs, including a long time employee and family friend, that the overwhelming majority of shut downs are due to guests doing something they aren't supposed to...either on purpose or by accident.

Yes, I have no doubt that the rides have technical malfunctions. Given how much use they get, that stuff is going to happen. But it could also be guest malfunction, can't just assume it's "cost cutting".

Space Mountain has been breaking down nearly daily for the past few weeks

Just experienced the most break downs in all my trips (about 12 in last 10 years). Last week space was down for 2.5 days so we never got to ride it. Came back up literally 30 minutes after we left on our last park day. Got walked off Splash last Friday. A few other longer than normal breakdowns for other headliners.

Yes, of course theme park rides break down. It is to be expected.

However, Disney keeps increasing prices and decreasing quality. It will get to the point where guests say, "I'm not paying that money to not be able to do anything." When a family is there for a once in a lifetime trip and all the headliners are down, it is more than a bummer or a disappointment, it completely colors their perception of Disney overall.

I spotted this this morning and spotted a time last week when 4 rides were down simultaneously. I’m not looking that often. Normally I’m of the mindset that breakdowns happen but this does seem unusual. And I agree with others that since Splash just came out of refurb it should not be going down so much. It reflects poorly on Disney. But they have new lands opening so at the moment they don’t have to worry about people not coming back.

Disney answers to Wall Street which means it shaves expenses from any area it can. Rides, buses, buildings and Monorails all show it. Heck even the landscaping doesn't look as good anymore.

They've answered to Wall Street for decades - This is cannibalizing the parks to fund other adventures and propping up failing industries.

Turning Be Our Guest into a signature restaurant ($150 to get in and, what, $50 per person to eat there to get such delicacies that kids like like Octopus?!)

Sometimes the rides are not actually malfunctioning. Sometimes it's an issue with a guest. If they had to shut the ride down to take care of something, like someone getting sick, or doing something they weren't supposed to be doing, it can take a while for the ride to come back online, as they have to do all of the safety checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter