Toby Keith

I was sad to hear this.
I’m not a country music fan, but I am a fan of many country music artists and respect their music and talent.
May he rest in peace.

Really liked Toby Keith's music - have several of his songs on my playlist. Many people boycotted him over the years- he was honest (too honest?) about what he believed and how he felt - and his opinions definitely didn't jive with some in today's world. He sometimes talked first and thought later - so foot went into mouth once in while. lol. But he was funny, talented and I was sad to hear this. Didn't know he was sick.

I realize people pass away every year - but why does it feel like we lost so many performers the past year in particular?

Here's to you, Toby!
1707226604063.png

It was a surprise to us to hear about him this morning on the news, we thought he was doing better after his stomach surgery. We love his music. The year we went to Vegas for DH’s 50th birthday 16 years ago the hotel we stayed at had Toby Keith’s bar. I still have a couple Toby shirts. RIP Toby😢

Really liked Toby Keith's music - have several of his songs on my playlist. Many people boycotted him over the years- he was honest (too honest?) about what he believed and how he felt - and his opinions definitely didn't jive with some in today's world. He sometimes talked first and thought later - so foot went into mouth once in while. lol. But he was funny, talented and I was sad to hear this. Didn't know he was sick.

I realize people pass away every year - but why does it feel like we lost so many performers the past year in particular?

Here's to you, Toby!
View attachment 831926
That was perfectly said and exactly the way I felt about him. He will be missed as a huge part of country music. RIP Toby

I just saw an article on yahoo and these comments made me tear up…

“I have a lot of respect for this man. While in Afghanistan he would come and perform for the troops. He was the only musician that comes to mind for not only playing at the big bases but he would take helicopters into small outposts to play for a handful of soldiers. May you rest in peace Toby.”

“In 2005 I saw one of his concerts at small FOB outside of Mosul in Iraq, Being there felt like we were at the end of the world. It was my second deployment and I had just left a toddler. I did not show it, but I was in a deep depressiion. Then was this guy, larger than life, putting on a show who did have to be there. To say it was uplifting is an understatement. It really helped a lot, much more than can be expressed in words. I will always be grateful. If the family ever needs anything they only need to ask one of us veterans. He was there for us, we will be there for him, we leave no one behind.”

RIP

I'm sad to hear about TK. I also thought he was doing better although he looked like he'd lost a ton of weight. I never saw him live which I will now regret for sure. One of my very favorite songs is his "As good as I once was". Anyone over age 50 probably feels like that now and then! He seemed like a fun guy to party with. I'm sure he was well-received by the troops on his many USO tours. RIP.

His appearance as of late made me think he was in the end stages - all too reminiscent of my dad's battle. His performance of "Don't Let the Old Man In" last fall about undid me - felt like a sendoff from him.

Rest in your paradise, TK. Thank you for the music <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter