To wear the ears, or not to wear them?

Also, I guess what my problem is more than not wanting to wear a hat is not wanting to have to worry about a hat falling off. I have trouble with hats in that I have a rather large head (it's a sore subject :laughing:) and I know that some hats just give me a hard time. I really want to wear the hats (and if they drive me crazy, well then, they're a good souvenir) and I really don't want them to fall off. Now do you have any suggestions as to keeping these guys on?

I don't know when the last time you've tried to wear the ear hats was (sorry if you already mentioned this), but now they have elastic chin straps, which really helps them stay on. You used to have to use bobby pins or other methods to keep them on, but now it's a lot easier, even if your head isn't the exact size of the ear hats. (Also, I totally get the big head issue- I wear fedoras on a daily basis and have to wear men's XL, even though I'm a 20 year old female. I don't wear the traditional ear hats, but back when the groom's hats were regular top hats with ears attached, I really wanted one just because I love old styles of hats, but they were all too small...)

I remember seeing a couple where the girl was wearing the ears and the man wasnt and looked so unhappy like he didnt want to be there at all, I turned to DH and gave him a big kiss and thanked him for having fun with it! PLus it was his first visit!

I hope we are like you and not the other couple. ha ha. It's my fiances first time going.

do the bride and groom ears have elastic on them? I have a head the size of a watermelon, and when my hair is curly its even bigger! Just wondering whether to bring grips to hold bride ears on (Or duct tape....:lmao:)

do the bride and groom ears have elastic on them? I have a head the size of a watermelon, and when my hair is curly its even bigger! Just wondering whether to bring grips to hold bride ears on (Or duct tape....:lmao:)

Yes they do. When my husband and I went for our honeymoon in March, I didn't think my hubby would want to wear the bride/groom hats - then he saw lots of other people wearing ears and wanted to get them. :lmao: We got ours at the Chapeau the night of our first day and wore them the whole trip. He didn't need to use the elastic, his fit nicely on his head. I kept mine on with bobby pins. Just be careful, don't get the cheap ones, they'll leave marks on your hat...get the pins meant for blonde hair, they're lighter and coated. :thumbsup2

Also, I bought pins that have the hats on them, one says "Mr." and the other says "Mrs.". I found them at the pin kiosk under the hat in DHS - I think the set was only $8.95 or so. So we wore our hats, our "Just Married" pins, and the "Mr./Mrs." pins.

However, if you're not into ears, like an OP said there's a cute Disney Bride shirt available - white with rhinestones - I saw it at MouseGears in Epcot and World of Disney at DTD. Not sure if they have a Disney Groom though...

Hope that helps! :goodvibes

when we were on our honeymoon in august, we searched high and low for those just married bagdes. they were giving out badges for the celebrate today! thing. we went to get ours at one of the vendors passing them out but he had to apologise and say that they didn't make them anymore, and they'd given them all out.
low and behold, we stopped at one of the bus information kiosks on the way out, and what was sitting in the window but 2 'just married' badges! the CM very kindly let us have them. we hadn't bought any ears so we had disney pins with 'mr' with a picture of mickey wedding ears and 'mrs' with minnie wedding ears on. then we had those aswell. we had many congratulations, and got to skip the line to splash mountain. lol.

I am in love the Lurkyloos homemade Bride Cap... yes its a Cap/Hat.

I wore the headband and loved it. It made for fun pictures. I wore it one all days but one. The last three days were incredibly windy.

I wore it for the fun of wearing it... the perks were just extra frosting:

Honeymoon Safari Ride
We got Dream EMH Pass for AK (2008)
I got pointed out in French Pavillion Theatre and made to sing a French Song (I am glad I knew one. :) )
Free Deserts
Free Fastpasses, getting to jump out of stand by into Fastpass

These were extras on our trip, but again I mention extras. I know you are not expecting anything, but things will happen whether small or large... be prepared for a little more attention.

The pins work, but the ears stand out a little bit more.

I agree with getting Bride Groom T SHirts.

1. Go to the DisSign Section and request t-shirt logos for each day you are going.
2. Print on White or soft colored Tanks or t-shirts.
3. Wear a custom DisSigned Shirt and forgo the hat/Cap/headband all together.

Alt Option: Go to etsy and see if someone can't design for you a clip on minnie mouse ears/veil ...

Eithier way, I love my honeymoon pictures because of the ears. It felt like wearing a veil all the time. I think I might get a pirate hat for this trip! :woohoo:

n811440380_6171408_7672078.jpg

Our friends got us the embroidered bride/groom ears. I wore them every.single.day of our honeymoon and LOVED the attention! DH only wore them the first night (when this picture was taken :) ) and then just wore the "Just Married" button for the rest of our trip.

We definitely got some special treatment (free desserts/drinks at restaurants, we got to be part of the park opening show at Animal Kingdom, "Congratulations!" from everyone we passed, etc) and it was a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter