To Those Who Get Queasy On Star Tours...

ginger root pills! They are all natural ginger in a capsule form that you can get at any health food/natural foods store or vitamin store such as Vitamin World or GNC. You can get a big bottle for around $5. I get moderate motion sickness and took two pills a day on our cruise - once at breakfast and once at lunch and I was fine. I will probably bring them to WDW next time because I did get a little sick from Star Tours. No side effects like drowsiness or anything either.

Nothing but bonine (any meclazine tablet) works for me. Ginger pills have no impact whatsoever.

I suffer from pretty bad motion sickness and the ONLY thing that allows me to enjoy any rides is the prescription patch TRANSDERMAL SCOP (scopolamine). Ask your doctore about it. The stuff has save my WDW vacations!

Nothing but bonine (any meclazine tablet) works for me. Ginger pills have no impact whatsoever.

Ginger pills are a natural nausea neutralizer. Depending on the severity of your motion sickness, they may or may not work. Just like bonine or dramamine, some may react differently to it as well. For those who haven't nailed down a solution to their motion sickness, ginger is at least a cheap, healthy and safe thing to try before having to resort to something like bonine that may put you to sleep.

I get nauseous pretty easily from these type of rides and bad migraines that can result from these jolting rides or heights. However, I did the Star Wars ride, and I just closed my eyes the entire time once I saw what this ride was all about. I don't do roller coasters or rides with height like Dumbo, but I was ok on the Star Wars one because I shut my eyes the entire time, and just moved my head along with all the jolts. Maybe your friends or you could bring ibuprofen, if they start to get a migraine. I had recently gone to King's Dominion in VA, and just rode the Eifel Tower up and got a migraine for the entire day and the next day just from being up so high. I wish I had had 4 ibuprofens to take in one shot. I even called off of work the next day, after getting the migraine and another bug that gave me a 103 degree fever. I rarely get sick. I haven't been sick like this in 2 years.

I only go on Star Tours because my son loves it so much. I cope by closing my eyes the entire ride. I can hear what is going on. I've seen the ride in bits and pieces from opening my eyes for a few seconds until I get nauseous again. But for the most part, I just keep my eyes shut and its not so bad.

Hubby and I rode star tours in May when we were there. He wanted to go as many times in a row as possible to see how many different shows he could see. I get motion sick sometimes and I was only able to go on it twice in a row. I started getting dizzy during the 2 nd time and told him i was done after that. I felt better shortly after we got off and started walking around the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter