To those that did MVMCP this year---

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
A question for those of you that did MVMCP this year--how were the crowds? Could you do things easily and without too much wait or hassle? DH & I always schedule our yearly trip around the first or second week of Dec., however, we have never done MVMCP. We are considering giving it a try next year. We are not really concerned about the rides and attractions as we can do those any time. We are more interested in the Christmas parade and fireworks. We were at WDW this past Dec. 6-13 and noticed that the Friday, Dec. 12 party was sold out. Is it best to stay away from the weekend parties and aim for a weeknight? Any advise and expertise will be welcomed!

I would say for the first two weeks of December the crowds for MVMCP would be low. We were there for the second week this year, and went to a party on Sunday and Tuesday and it was great in terms of crowds. Just remember though, you'll want to avoid Friday nights which seem to always be crowded.

we went on thursday, 12/12 and it was very manageable! you are right in assuming to avoid friday parties; these are the ones that the locals usually attend thus sold out. try to have dinner at at MK restaurant; therefore, you are in tomorrowland when the party opens. the rides in tomorrowland are open during this waiting time. and you can usually get your photo taken too. at 7:00 the rest of the party opens for the party. we have gone for 3 years now and have never been swamped, but it has always been on a week night. hope this helps!:tongue:

Thanks so much, guys! Another question! If you are already in the MK for the day, do you have to exit and reenter at 7 p.m.? How does that work?

Originally posted by christianweecare
Thanks so much, guys! Another question! If you are already in the MK for the day, do you have to exit and reenter at 7 p.m.? How does that work?

You can pick up your wristband anytime after 4:00pm I believe and then they pretty much try to direct people into Tomorrowland (at least that is what they did on the MVMCP on the 9th) so you do not have to leave the park.

This year DH and I decided to splurge on MVMCP for the first time. We went on Sunday the 14th. We arrived at 5:30pm and were allowed through the turnstile and received our wristband.

We went straight to Tomorrowland and got in line to have our picture taken. They started at 6pm. I must say, that was one of the most organized things I have seen for a while! We were in and out in less than 5 minutes. (We just received the pictures in the mail yesterday!!!)

There weren't any waits for any rides the entire night. You will have plenty of time to see shows and do rides. Most of the shows are at several times during the night.

The free hot chocolate was great, especially since the temperature was dropping into the upper 40's during the night.

We had a great time. Saw Wishes and the second parade. By then, it was so cold we headed out. If the weather had been better, we could have had another hour.

We will definitely do it again!

We were there on 12/9 and there were a lot of people but nothing unmanagable. What we did and it worked perfectly was to get a PS for LTT for 5:50. These PS's open up when the MVMCP tickets go on sale and fill up very quickly. We finished dinner right before 7PM and were allowed to remain in that area until 7:00. We walked over to the president show where they were making the pictures, and were third in line. We were out before 7:05!! Line for pictures latter in the night were horrible. We enjoyed ourselves very much. We did very few rides but hit several show and the parade and saw wishes. The snow was really special.

jordan's mom

We went on Tuesday Dec 9 and enjoyed it. We arrived about 4:15, used just our MVMCP tickets and got our wristbands at the turnstiles. We ate at the Plaza Restaurant and did a couple rides before 6:00. At 6:00 we headed over Tomorrowland, everything was open but they were checking wristbands. Then at 7:00 we went to Main Street to see the snow and get the LE Pin. Then we went back to Fantasyland to get our picture taken at Small World, short wait. Lines were short. Watched the first parade from the hub and then the fireworks from the Tomorrowland Bridge. Luckily it was the warmest night of the week, we were OK in sweatshirts.

We went of Tuesday Dec. 9 and it was great. The warmest evening that week. We walked on a lot of rides in Fantasyland. We also had our pictures taken at IASW. Short wait maybe 5 minutes. The lines were very long for pictures taken in Tomorrowland. We ate dinner in the Poly Concierge lounge at 5:00 then went straight to MVMCP. A word of warning. The hot chocolate is scolding hot. It will take the skin off of your tongue.

The Christmas Parade at night is beautiful. We did Adventureland after the last parade and it was almost empty. At 11:30 the kids were tired so we headed back to the Poly. My husband said that MVMCP was worth every penny.

Lori

We went to MVMCP on the 7th this year. I thought the crowd was fairly light and the park was very easy to navigate. We literally walked right on to some rides throughout the evening.

We had not been in the park earlier that day, and entered around 5pm with our party ticket without a question or problem. If you are in the park earlier, there is no need to leave and re-enter - they have CM's to give out wristbands. You will be given a wristband for the party either way (if you have or have not been in the park earlier).

I feel that 5pm was a perfect time to enter the park because we had no line at all to enter the park - just walked up and through the bag check and turnstile. We made our way over to Tomorrowland with an easy walk.

After a ride on SM and BL we got in line for the family photo (at the old AE) and we were close to the front of the line. The pictures were taken starting at 6, then went to the show in Tomorrowland - Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas. This was a great show, and it did get filled up with latecomers.

After the show, we made our way to Main Street so we could be at the Emporium at 7 (everything on Main Street is closed from 6-7) and purchase our party souvenirs (pins, tshirts coffee cup). I wanted to do this at first opportunity, so I wouldn't have to worry about it, and since we were staying onsite, it wasn't like we had to worry about carrying packages. As we walked toward Main Street, I was now THRILLED that we had entered early! There was a massive amount of people (well anyways it looked like it!) walking down the sidewalk on Main Street (just on the left side as you head out of the park) headed into the park. The CM's were directing all of those now entering the park toward Tomorrowland through the backwalkway (not up to the hub and over). It was at that moment that I started saying THANK YOU DIS! because I had known that we could enter before 7! BTW, by the time we finished shopping, those people had cleared.

We opted for the second parade, doing other shows and rides during the earlier time, and I'm glad we did. We watched right by LTT and I thought that this was a nice spot because there was a group of carolers singing right by the bell - nice way to have the time pass while waiting!

We also enjoyed the hot chocolate, and a great spot to get this was in Adventureland - it seemed almost empty in that whole section.

For the Goofy show (old Diamond Horseshoe) I would suggest getting there early - we were about 5th in line because I practically ran from WISHES to get a spot for the 10pm show. It was worth it though, because there is only seating available upstairs - first come first served. The main floor is the other seating area, but if you were downstairs you were in on the dancing. If you want to do the line dances, you might prefer to sit downstairs - but we enjoyed sitting in chairs and watching!

I would not go on a Friday, and I may even rethink a Sunday. While we were waiting for WISHES, we found out most of the people around us were locals! People would walk by and they would be calling out to each other! I was suprised considering they had small children with them. However, I did notice that the number of people left after WISHES was much smaller (I assume they watched the first parade and were set to go after the fireworks).

Oh one other thing, if you have young children, do the picture early - I heard from a CM that many people waited until closer to 12, and then they were waking up small ones for the picture! :confused:

We were at the Dec 12th sold out party and had no troubles at all. We did everything we wanted to do and more. It didnt feel crowded to me and I was surprised it was sold out. We love attending MVMCP. I say go and try it for yourself.

Have heard that weekends tend to be crowded because of locals.

Last year, Tuesday, December 4 and this year Tuesday December 2. Both days were great! There are less and less people as the evening goes on. Our kids are teens so we stay until the bitter end. The last couple of hours we literally go around and around with no lines whatsoever. Last year, we were the only ones on Splash Mountain between 11:30 and 12:00 we rode four times without getting out!

It is a wonderful party and we wouldn't think of missing it if we are there in December!

We were there on 12/12 and 12/14. The party on 12/12 was sold out and there was a definate difference between the two nights, though it was kind of odd. The park was more crowded on the 12th, but we literally walked on to Space Mountain. The crowds were managable, except the lines for the picture were out of control. We waited for about five minutes on 12/14 for our picture. I'd say we enjoyed the party on 12/14 more because it was less crowded. We had Big Al to ourselves forever that night in Frontierland. We were more concerned with seeing the shows and parade and never had a problem finding a great spot for viewing on the 12th. It is so beautiful - the snow is amazing! I can't wait until next year to go back and (depending on our dates) do it three times.

My fiancee` and I attended our first party on 12/14 and it was such fun. As all the other posters have said rides are almost a complete walk-on for the most part. Adventureland was awesome because at times you could get pictures with almost no one in the background. A rare treat at MK. We missed our PS at The Plaza b/c we ran late at AK. We ended up eating at Cosmic Ray's and it was wonderful. I would never have tried this place and it was one of the more fun and cheapest meals of our trip. The fireworks were great and I would definitely stay till the end if you can. The park is almost desolate by 12:00. A great value for the money and how can you beat snow on Main Street?

We went the last night, 12/19. We booked a PS at Tony's on Main STreet for 5:30 p.m., and boated over from the WL. When we arrived at MK, there was a sign saying the event had been sold out.

Thanks to tips from the boards, we knew to do the more popular rides during the first parade -- when all the younger children would be enjoying that. We didn't have a problem with the crowds. We got our picture taken later in the evening, walked in, not a line in site (one of the best family pictures we've had). We went on every ride the girls wanted to do, and the longest wait we had was about 15 minutes (I have waited up to 45 minutes in the olden days before FP).

This was a wonderful way for us to start our Christmas Trip (we sailed on the Magic the next day). The park was absolutely beautiful, everyone (guests, CM's) were in great moods, and the entertainment was wonderful. I would do this again in a heart beat!

We went the last night, 12/19. We booked a PS at Tony's on Main STreet for 5:30 p.m., and boated over from the WL. When we arrived at MK, there was a sign saying the event had been sold out.

Thanks to tips from the boards, we knew to do the more popular rides during the first parade -- when all the younger children would be enjoying that. We didn't have a problem with the crowds. We got our picture taken later in the evening, walked in, not a line in site (one of the best family pictures we've had). We went on every ride the girls wanted to do, and the longest wait we had was about 15 minutes (I have waited up to 45 minutes in the olden days before FP).

This was a wonderful way for us to start our Christmas Trip (we sailed on the Magic the next day). The park was absolutely beautiful, everyone (guests, CM's) were in great moods, and the entertainment was wonderful. I would do this again in a heart beat!

Im not sure if anyone will know the answer to this but if I attend MVMCP next year and I'm from the UK, will I still get the photo? and will I have to pay extra for shipping? Thanx! :D

We were at the 12/14 party. It was really fun. We entered the park around 4ish. We got our wrist bands as we entered. Then we just ambled around since the park was still pretty crowded. We had ps's for 5:50 at LTT. We ate and left about 6:45. We were able to get our photo done right away at the Hall of Pres. area. Only problem was that they ran out of party buttons. Still can't figure out how that could happen since the party hadn't actually officially started at that time. Oh well. We then hustled over to Frontierland. It was really spooky with no one there. We rode BTMRR 4 times in a row. The parade was excellent. I would do the party again. Only thing I would do differently is to watch the parade from Main St. We watched from Frontierland and it just didn't seem as festive. We then followed the parade down the street to get over to the Rose Garden to watch 'Wishes'. After that we just left. My dd wasn't feeling so great and wanted to get to bed. I would have liked being in the park later, but such is life. So,.....go and have a great time. It is definatly worth it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter