To those just there,what is the rain...

KNWVIKING

DIS Veteran
and drought situation like.I've been monitoring the weather but all it ever really say's is "chance of showers or t/storms" We left BWV may 17th,had to drive thru the smoke. Would like to know if Orlando is starting to get usefull amounts of rain.

I just returned on 6/1/01. You could smell the smoke each morning at VWL on most days. However, we did not get any appreciable rain to speak of during my 10 night stay. The smoke was so bad on a couple of days that they had to close I-4 for a time due to auto accidents.

We left on June 1st and it was HOT HOT HOT but very little rain!!! :smooth:

My daughter just returned from OKW on June 10.
The weather has been thunderstorms in the afternoon around 3-5pm. One day it lasted a couple hours but most times it was brief and cleared up within an hour.
I was at Vero Beach last week and the Orlando Sentinel newspaper stated the rainfall was way lower than normal and that Florida is experiencing the worst drought in 200 years. Try the website:

http://orlandosentinel.com

for weather reports.

My daugheter reported no visible smoke from the top of the slide at Blizzard Beach on June 9th.

There are still many thunder storms causing brushfires around the state. I drove through one on my way back from Vero Beach to Orlando Airport at the end of last week.

Never fear! I'm going down there in a few weeks. It'll probably rain every day we're there! I seem to have a knack for controlling the weather like that. Case in point:
I buy a snow blower a few years ago - then New England goes through three years of record mild winters with little or no snowstorms
I spend a few hours on a perfectly clear sunny day washing and waxing my car - then it rains for the next 5 days
I take off my snow tires at the end of March - we get six inches of wet snow and ice two days later.

Don't fear the draught, I'm vacationing at OKW in three weeks....I've got you covered!

We just returned on 6-9 from a week at Vero and six nights at BW. On our way down to Vero on 5-27, the Turnpike was closed due to an 18 car pile-up caused by the smoke. We had to exit onto SR 50 and drive through parts of Orlando not meant to be seen by tourists. It rained almost every afternoon at Vero and WDW and we never had another problem with the smoke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter