To quote Pete " I gotta be honest "

I stayed at Coronado Springs last week, and I could hear my next door neighbors conversations clearly. They even woke me from a dead sleep at 2 AM one night.
Wow - so sorry this happened to you. :( Been there, done that......NOT fun.

Granted, we've only stayed at a Value once, and we weren't there at a peak time, but we found ASMo fairly quiet. Not as quiet as the Moderates, but not nearly as bad as I was expecting.

And of all the QS/food courts we've eaten (at seven different resorts, I think, from Value to Deluxe), the noisiest by far IMO was POFQ's (and that includes Contempo Cafe during the dinner rush, with all the clatter from Chef Mickey's and the monorail).

We stayed at our first value this past year when we came upon a great deal at the Pop Century. We'd stayed at Art of Animation and had walked over to PopC before, but were always curious about. Previously, we'd mostly sayted at the Port Orleans Riverside, and I personally was not very excited about staying at a value...

Turns out I was dead wrong.
We enjoyed Pop Century but then again we don't stay much at the resort either. We stayed in the 50's section and overlooked the Lagoon, and we didn't really have any problems with noise or neighbors. As an added bit of fun, lots of people decorate their windows for the Holidays (we were there for Halloween. We purchased a refillable mug and got coffee every morning, which was a challenge some times as the Food Court does get very busy. We only got to do the late menu at the food court, but what we did see of the regular menu looked better than even the food court of POR. I will say that I have my limits and have made it clear that the Pop Century is the only value resort I'll stay at...
From what I've heard, I have no dessire to stay at any of the All Stars.

We stayed at our first value this past year when we came upon a great deal at the Pop Century. We'd stayed at Art of Animation and had walked over to PopC before, but were always curious about. Previously, we'd mostly sayted at the Port Orleans Riverside, and I personally was not very excited about staying at a value...

Turns out I was dead wrong.
We enjoyed Pop Century but then again we don't stay much at the resort either. We stayed in the 50's section and overlooked the Lagoon, and we didn't really have any problems with noise or neighbors. As an added bit of fun, lots of people decorate their windows for the Holidays (we were there for Halloween. We purchased a refillable mug and got coffee every morning, which was a challenge some times as the Food Court does get very busy. We only got to do the late menu at the food court, but what we did see of the regular menu looked better than even the food court of POR. I will say that I have my limits and have made it clear that the Pop Century is the only value resort I'll stay at...
From what I've heard, I have no dessire to stay at any of the All Stars.
I did enjoy the time I stayed at Pop, was right overlooking the middle of the Bowling Pin pool (50's section) , before that area turned preferred. It was very convenient to come down the stairs, cut through the area on the side of the main building where the Air/TSA windows are, and go out to the bus stop, without going through the building, in case it was busy. I do have to say that once my room door was closed, I didn't hear a lot - occasionally I could hear if a kid in the pool was shrieking really loudly or shrilly, or if somebody walking past my door was talking pretty loudly, but that's about it. Like I've said - if I was "stupid" enough to go to the food curt at peak times, it was highly chaotic, so I tried to avoid that at all costs, like I do in the parks.

Also - having stayed at both ASMu and ASSp, Pop is definitely a step up, in thought and design. I forget a lot of the differences I noticed, being so long ago, but I do remember the blackout/overlapping curtains (at least they were unique to Pop as a value when I stayed), and the table between the beds being a little lower, so you didn't constantly smack your head or hand on it when you were in bed.

I would definitely stay at Pop again with no hesitation, any of the All Stars if I had no other choice. But that's just me.

Last edited:
The last time we went (too long ago) we stayed at Pop Century. We always go in off season so, for us, the crowds and noise were almost nonexistent. The walk up to the main building and bus line wasn't bad. My biggest complaint is the fact they only offer double beds. Going from a king down to a double...that's really my only complaint about Pop.

With that said, our son was a little older by then. The pool area wasn't much to brag about. The time before that we stayed at POR and he practically wore himself out at the pool area. So, I mean, the value resorts are what they are. I'd say it's the perfect example of you get what you pay for. Don't get me wrong, it was nice. But it wasn't POR, either.

I'd say if you plan on spending a bunch of time at your resort, a moderate at the very least would be the way to go if you can afford it. If you're like me and use the resort to sleep and that's about it, a value isn't a bad way to go. If you can sleep on a double bed.

The last time we went (too long ago) we stayed at Pop Century. We always go in off season so, for us, the crowds and noise were almost nonexistent. The walk up to the main building and bus line wasn't bad. My biggest complaint is the fact they only offer double beds. Going from a king down to a double...that's really my only complaint about Pop.
Pop does offer a single king sized bed. They are often in handicap accessible rooms with lower beds and zero entry showers, and can not be guaranteed

Pop does offer a single king sized bed. They are often in handicap accessible rooms

(A) I'm not handicapped. (B) I'm not even gonna try to fit 3 adults into one king size bed. So, for a family without special needs, like I said...values offer double size beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter