To Infinity And Beyond or Bust...a June 2013 PTR

Checking in! You've got some great plans going!

And, can I just say, what a beautiful family. You're little guy has the right nickname, that smile is infectious! :)

What a lucky catch on the BOG reservation! Can't wait to read all about it. We won't be visiting MK this year :-)faint: I know, I know), so I'm going to enjoy hearing all about it!!

Mmmm those pancakes look good! Congrats on the BOG reservation! It looks like such a cool atmosphere to dine in.

Star Wars weekends at Lego Land sounds awesome! Hope you get as good a deal on the car and stroller rental as you did on your airfare::yes::

Hello everyone! No new plans yet. Life has gotten in the way. ;) My son's birthday is next week, I'm room mom for my oldest son's spring party on Friday and next week is spring break. After all of that, Disney will be TWO MONTHS AWAY so I'll need to get finished with our planning. WOOHOO!!! :cool1:

I did make a purchase today that I'm quite excited about. My new summer/Disney purse!!

2251536-1-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I received a gift card to zappos.com for my birthday and used that to purchase my very first vera bradley purse, the hipster in plum crazy. I hope I love it as much as I love the picture!!! I actually have a vera bradley diaper bag, but never had a purse. I'm excited. :bitelip:

Thanks, Megan!

Well, I survived my party planning filled couple of weeks, so Disney planning is back in full swing!

This afternoon, my oldest and I spent some time on the Disney website creating our custom maps. I wasn't planning on doing it, but I mentioned it to him and he got so excited about it. He had such a blast picking out what he wanted to do, and I think it helped him feel like he had a say in the planning. Plus, the maps were free, so you can't beat that. We're looking forward to getting those in 2-4 weeks. :yay:

I also booked our stroller last night. After reading all of the reviews, I ended up going with Baby Wheels rental in Orlando. They will deliver right to our condo at Windsor Hills, so that's nice. :) And they were a couple of bucks cheaper than Orlando Stroller Rentals and included a few extras that were nice.

We went with the City Mini double stroller. After much debate back and forth between a single and a double, we went with the double. Our oldest may only need it at night, but he thought it over (we could actually see him pondering it for several minutes). And he decided he would like the option of the stroller, "just in case". We agreed. If it even saves one meltdown, it will be worth it.
greendouble.jpg

They include this cooler for free:
stroller_cooler_large-234x234.jpg

This parent console:
large_console_photo-purple-279x279.jpg

And a rain cover. I'm sure you can guess what that looks like. ;)

Everything was $85, and that included the insurance. Woohoo! One more thing checked off my list. :cool1:

Joining in---I'm part of the FB June group, but I actually just saw the title of your report here on the DIS and decided to read.

Not sure if you've purchased your park tickets yet--I have bought my tickets from Undercover Tourist on several occasions, and never had any problems with them.

I love breakfast (and dinner too) at Kona. Those pancakes are delicious! :)

Happy belated Easter, everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

My boys loved getting their Easter baskets filled with Star Wars and Cars "stuff". They are ready for their trip!
ry%3D480

Thanks for the tip on Undercover Tourist! We're buying our tickets one pay period at a time, so we don't have to charge anything. So, I just bought our first adult ticket from UT and it came in the mail today! Had a mild panic attack when their website said it was delivered on Friday and it had not arrived. That is one expensive little card, after all. But, it arrived today!:cool1: So, now to order the next one!

Since we're doing it this way, everything will be paid for ahead of time, without charge cards, except for the rental car. I mentioned earlier that I paid for the condo with my coupons savings. I have about $400 in my food budget from coupons so far, so we're in good shape. I know that won't cover everything, but it's a good chunk of the week at least! This makes this trip feel more like a vacation knowing we won't be coming home to huge bills. I can see why people like to pay everything up front when staying on-site and using the dining plan. It definitely has it's advantages. ::yes::

Today, we hit another milestone...

60 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been thinking about and planning for this trip for over a year. It's hard to believe it's only two months away! :dance3::dance3:

Happy belated Easter, everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

To you too. We had a busy, but fun, weekend. Emily got the small Vera backpack in the same pattern as your bag. lol. She needed something to carry her camera equipment in and it was just the right size. And way cuter than the camera bags online. ;) Garren got the rest of the money for his rollerblades (so he can get the "better" ones he found online) and a gift card for his Kindle. I swear my kids are so spoiled. lol.

My boys loved getting their Easter baskets filled with Star Wars and Cars "stuff". They are ready for their trip!
ry%3D480

What an adorable photo! Your boys are too cute!

Thanks for the tip on Undercover Tourist! We're buying our tickets one pay period at a time, so we don't have to charge anything. So, I just bought our first adult ticket from UT and it came in the mail today! Had a mild panic attack when their website said it was delivered on Friday and it had not arrived. That is one expensive little card, after all. But, it arrived today!:cool1: So, now to order the next one!

Since we're doing it this way, everything will be paid for ahead of time, without charge cards, except for the rental car. I mentioned earlier that I paid for the condo with my coupons savings. I have about $400 in my food budget from coupons so far, so we're in good shape. I know that won't cover everything, but it's a good chunk of the week at least! This makes this trip feel more like a vacation knowing we won't be coming home to huge bills. I can see why people like to pay everything up front when staying on-site and using the dining plan. It definitely has it's advantages. ::yes::

I couldn't agree more. I love having the trip paid up front. It makes it all the more relaxing and enjoyable!

Today, we hit another milestone...

60 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been thinking about and planning for this trip for over a year. It's hard to believe it's only two months away! :dance3::dance3:

EXCITING!!! It won't be long now....:cool1: :dance3: :cool1:

Thanks, Susan. I think they're cute too. ;) Sounds like you all had a nice Easter!

My new purse came and I love it. It will be perfect for Disney and I'm already using it. It's nice using a crossbody, and the purse not falling off my shoulder and hitting me in the face when my son wants me to pick him up. ha.

Throwing around the idea of adding a reservation at Yak and Yeti for dinner on our day in AK. Anyone been there? This is hubby's favorite kind of food and he would love it. It all looks so yummy. But, that makes for an expensive day with Tuskar House that morning. How is the Yak and Yeti counter service? Maybe that would be a cheaper option. :confused3

From someone who has eaten at Yak and Yeti CS in June, the food may have been okay, but it was too hot for us to enjoy. The place to eat there is a little courtyard with no breeze and the sun pours in on you. We are eating TS there for the air conditioning. The food looks like our kind of food too.

Hi! :wave2:

I wanted to stop by and get caught up with your plans.

Congrats on Chef Mickey and BOG for dinner.

We enjoy Kona for breakfast and the Poly is just lovely.

Love Vera Bradley and I really like that print.

Congrats on 60 days!!

:goodvibes

I think you made a great decision getting the double stroller. I know some have strong feelings about this but my DS was still using one as of our trip last September and he was 8(he is small and we have a stroller that fits up to 55lbs). He has not used a stroller at home since he was 3 but it is a totally diffferent story at Disney. Someone once told me that for every step we take a child has to take two. That really hit home for me since I am usually exhausted after a day in the parks so our little ones are twice as exhausted as we are!

We always order the customer Maps. I love that they come with our name on them and I have them from our last 3 trips. It is exciting when they come in the mail.

I agree with paying ahead of time. I love leaving for vacation knowing everything is paid for. We always pay for lodging and tickets before we go. We never do the dining plan but we do purchase disney gift cards to pay for everything while we are there. Puchasing the gift cards allows us to spread the cost over months of paychecks and also gives us fuel points so we save lots on gas:banana:.

From someone who has eaten at Yak and Yeti CS in June, the food may have been okay, but it was too hot for us to enjoy. The place to eat there is a little courtyard with no breeze and the sun pours in on you. We are eating TS there for the air conditioning. The food looks like our kind of food too.

Thanks for your input! I went ahead and made the dinner reservation. I am having a total brain freeze, and need to check the time. I feel like it was 5:30 or so, so a decent time. I'm still not sure about having a character meal that morning and a sit down dinner that night, but at least I have the ADR while I think about it more. The food looks so yummy. And I keep seeing that fried wonton dessert...

Clearly, I like food. :rotfl:

Hi! :wave2:

I wanted to stop by and get caught up with your plans.

Congrats on Chef Mickey and BOG for dinner.

We enjoy Kona for breakfast and the Poly is just lovely.

Love Vera Bradley and I really like that print.

Congrats on 60 days!!

:goodvibes

Thank you!! I'm really excited about Kona and BOG. We did end up cancelling Chef Mickey's and are just doing one character meal. Hopefully, that will be sufficient. They honestly don't seem too excited about meeting characters (other than Woody and Buzz at HS...). I wish there was a Pixar themed meal. ;)

I think you made a great decision getting the double stroller. I know some have strong feelings about this but my DS was still using one as of our trip last September and he was 8(he is small and we have a stroller that fits up to 55lbs). He has not used a stroller at home since he was 3 but it is a totally diffferent story at Disney. Someone once told me that for every step we take a child has to take two. That really hit home for me since I am usually exhausted after a day in the parks so our little ones are twice as exhausted as we are!

We always order the customer Maps. I love that they come with our name on them and I have them from our last 3 trips. It is exciting when they come in the mail.

I agree with paying ahead of time. I love leaving for vacation knowing everything is paid for. We always pay for lodging and tickets before we go. We never do the dining plan but we do purchase disney gift cards to pay for everything while we are there. Puchasing the gift cards allows us to spread the cost over months of paychecks and also gives us fuel points so we save lots on gas:banana:.

Thanks. :) I do feel good about the stroller decision. Even if he only uses it at night and it only saves us from one tantrum or meltdown, it will be well worth it. He hasn't used it since his brother was born, but we gave him the choice for Disney and he agreed it would be nice. Shoot - I wish *I* could be pushed around the parks.

We went to our zoo a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty big, and we usually bring the wagon for the boys (which they are now way too big for, as they kept kicking each other. On purpose. BOYS!!!). We were all getting cranky and tired and snippy around 1:30. My husband looked at me and said, "how is this going to go at disney?" I said, "This is the time we will be going back to the condo for a rest. This is a perfect example of WHY we are doing that every day". :lmao: He was convinced.

I like the gift card idea. I have the money separate that is going towards are food, but didn't know what to do with it. :thumbsup2

50 days!!!!!!!

It's getting closer!!!!! We just paid our condo off in full and received our rental information for Windsor Hills. It was very nice to pay that off and know I did that with coupons only. :thumbsup2

I also purchased another park ticket, so two out of four purchased. I'm sure the people at Undercover Tourist think I'm weird buying one at a time, but I'm sticking with my budget. :lmao:

I also took advantage of the Disney Store swimwear sale for my boys. They each will be decked out. My little guy will have Jake & the Neverland Pirates shirt, swimwear and flipflops and my big guy will have Spiderman. They are excited to use the pool.
windsor_hills_pool.jpg

Getting closer!!!!

50 days!!!!!!!

It's getting closer!!!!! We just paid our condo off in full and received our rental information for Windsor Hills. It was very nice to pay that off and know I did that with coupons only. :thumbsup2

I also purchased another park ticket, so two out of four purchased. I'm sure the people at Undercover Tourist think I'm weird buying one at a time, but I'm sticking with my budget. :lmao:

I also took advantage of the Disney Store swimwear sale for my boys. They each will be decked out. My little guy will have Jake & the Neverland Pirates shirt, swimwear and flipflops and my big guy will have Spiderman. They are excited to use the pool.
windsor_hills_pool.jpg

Getting closer!!!!

Ahhh, I get a relaxed feeling just looking at a picture like that! Where's my lounge chair when I need it! :goodvibes

I just found this PTR--and I love what you say about waiting on Harry Potter until the kids "get it"! We'r waiting for the same reason!

Congrats on paying off your hotel with just coupons! Thats impressive! :thumbsup2 Your trip is coming up very soon. I hope your family is super excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter