To answer Pete's question on the podcast about room only reservations who don't yet have tickets...

Unless they have recently changed the rules (which is possible), this is not true. We've always been able to add an AP to our MDE account as soon as we purchased it online and could use it to make FPs, get AP discounts, etc. even though it wasn't activated yet.

We have also done this in the past, but the reason this is different is that it is still counting as a 'new ticket' by their system and as a result even if they could be purchased, it would fall under the same category as all new tickets and not be valid for reservation purposes. Hope it gets ironed out.

We have also done this in the past, but the reason this is different is that it is still counting as a 'new ticket' by their system and as a result even if they could be purchased, it would fall under the same category as all new tickets and not be valid for reservation purposes. Hope it gets ironed out.
What a mess that is. So I could spend a few thousand dollars and buy my family APs but not be able to use them to make reservations? That's a serious flaw in the system.

Unless they have recently changed the rules (which is possible), this is not true. We've always been able to add an AP to our MDE account as soon as we purchased it online and could use it to make FPs, get AP discounts, etc. even though it wasn't activated yet.
I agree...I just did this yesterday. Our Gold AP's were set to expire in July but we're extended to October. We have a trip planned for Thanksgiving that I wanted to make park reservations for so I called on Monday to ask if I could renew our AP. The answer was no but on Tuesday they started to allowed AP renewals again so I called back Wednesday morning and renewed the AP'S and then was able to make sure park reservations for Thanksgiving. I was unable to make park reservations before the AP renewal certificate was loaded into my MDE app.

That's because that is exactly what this is. I don't think anyone believes that this has been in the works since last year. This is 100% because of the current climate and the petition to retheme the ride making national news.
My brother has an AP voucher and was able to make park reservations when the system opened up on Monday (he has a DVC resort reservation).
That’s what I would expect as that’s the way it’s always been. Smittolis seemed to be saying otherwise.
I don’t doubt that @Smittolis was told the opposite. But we all know that phone CMs are notorious for disseminating bad information. My brother’s experience was contrary to what Smittolis was told.

Thats great that it worked out, hopefully that's the way things should pan out for everyone moving forwards. One of the reasons we decided to ultimately cancel our visit is purely because of the confusion, misinformation and just lack of clarity of things. The not knowing for sure, being told one thing and then being told another just made it feel like a risk.

Really glad your brother was able to get some reservations with an AP Certificate, hopefully this is how things move forwards consistently. For us, we will find out next year! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter