Tix suggestions for split trip

d-train

DIS Veteran
Looking for suggestions for the best tix to use for a trip next summer. In June 2020 we are planning 5 or 6 days on property (not decided which resort yet), a 7 day cruise our of Port Canaveral (already booked), then 5 or 6 days on property again. Two adults and an 8 year old. If we bout 10 day passes, would they still be valid after the 7 day cruise? The way a read it, I think the answer is no. And as stuck with buying two 6 day passes? Would an AP be cheaper? We always get the MM, if that tips the scale...

What do you all think?

A 10 day ticket expires 14 days after the ticket start date. So you are correct, that wouldnt work.

If you're going to do 6 days before and 5/6 days after you might want to even consider annual passes. The cost of a platinum AP is $894. A 5 day base ticket in 2019 during July is going cost about $445. An AP would not only allow you hopping but would come with other discounts, even a potential room only discount on your resort and as you mentioned, MM is included as well.

10 days in a year is my tipping point. Any year where I plan more than 10 days in the theme parks and I get the AP.

Check with DCL. When the new dated tickets came out, it was mentioned there would be a ticket option available to cruisers doing pre- and post-cruise WDW stays.

Enjoy your vacation!

A 10 day ticket expires 14 days after the ticket start date. So you are correct, that wouldnt work.

Can she purchase the flex option on the 10 day tickets or is that not available because these tickets already have the 14 day expiration?

I had this same problem. I was so pissed. There is no good option for people that do park before and after their cruise. We are cruising this June and want 3 days before and 3 days after. 3 of us have AP that will expire in August, but my newly 3 year old needed a ticket. The price of the tickets we would need were more then a AP would have cost us. In the ended the only option was to get the AP for him. I can't believe that they don't think of cruisers with this new ticket system. It's crazy!

I can't believe that they don't think of cruisers with this new ticket system.

Did you contact DCL to enquire? At the time the new date-based tickets were introduced it was mentioned there would be an option for DCL cruisers. However, i haven’t seen anyone report about it yet.

Enjoy your vacation!

Did you contact DCL to enquire? At the time the new date-based tickets were introduced it was mentioned there would be an option for DCL cruisers. However, i haven’t seen anyone report about it yet.
I did not. I talked to a million people for like 2 hours and calling DCL never came up. I might just for the heck of it give them a call and see what they say. I will report back.
Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter