'Tis better to ask than be sorry

dbarker

DIS Veteran
'Tis better to ask than be sorry:

We are looking at booking a cruise for next December 2016. I usually start the cruise meet threads and maintain the spreadsheet for the FE exchange. In the past, I have used Google Docs b/c of the ease of access. I would put a link to it on the first post. It was so much easier for everyone to be responsible for their own info changes. Is this not allowed anymore? Do I have to find a different way of handling the spreadsheet? Can a different public type spreadsheet be used that is not related to Google?

I understand about not using things like Facebook and Twitter. I just want to stay in compliance of all the rules.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

(I sent a PM to the moderators, but did not get a response).

I usually just keep a running list on the first page of the thread, not as easy but it still works

http://disboards.com/threads/import...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

"...our members have received solicitations to post their information on other sites including Facebook and Google Docs.

We have had complaints from several members that these turned out to be solicitations from travel agencies and other forms of advertising.
We have examined the policy of other cruise forums and have found that they have policies forbidding this.

In order to protect our members the DIS Webmasters have decided to institute a similar policy. Moving forward there will be a new infraction "Attempting to lure DIS members to post private information on other sites"."

Google docs is another website, and having people put their info there would fall exactly under having people post their info on another site.

Having people be responsible for their info and changes is great, but it shows other people their info as well. And I think that's at the heart of the problem.

Just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter