• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips on calling today

I called this morning to cancel my April 23-29 trip. I only had one point borrowed 2020 point from my Oct UY which she thought she could return to my 2020 UY, but the system didn't let her. She said thigns keep changing and right now they are not allowing points to be returned to the 2020 UY.

It's only one point, so not a big deal, but I don't know if this is new (or because my reservation was for April, not March).

I called this morning to cancel my April 23-29 trip. I only had one point borrowed 2020 point from my Oct UY which she thought she could return to my 2020 UY, but the system didn't let her. She said thigns keep changing and right now they are not allowing points to be returned to the 2020 UY.

It's only one point, so not a big deal, but I don't know if this is new (or because my reservation was for April, not March).
Did your points go into holding or get returned? Someone is on Facebook saying all points now are going into holding no matter what, which I find very hard to believe.

Did your points go into holding or get returned? Someone is on Facebook saying all points now are going into holding no matter what, which I find very hard to believe.

That shouldn’t be happening since the newest email that came from DVC yesterday stated that holding was being suspended and it didn’t say it was only for March.

But, it did say that banking rules would be as normal and it sounds like they are no longer putting borrowed points back,

I will add, though, that when I canceled my reservation online...it started March 29th...my points did go into holding and I had to call to get it fixed,

So, it is possible that it’s not working for all members correctly

That shouldn’t be happening since the newest email that came from DVC yesterday stated that holding was being suspended and it didn’t say it was only for March.

But, it did say that banking rules would be as normal and it sounds like they are no longer putting borrowed points back,

I will add, though, that when I canceled my reservation online...it started March 29th...my points did go into holding and I had to call to get it fixed,

So, it is possible that it’s not working for all members correctly
I didn't believe him for a second, but he now says he called back and got a different answer this time. Probably should not post until you make the 2nd call.

I was before 30 days and my banking deadline, so my points didn’t go into holding and I banked the 2019 points to 2020 (my UY is Oct).

That's my experience (just cancelled my early April trip). Those that were borrowed from 2020 remained in 2019, which means I have to use them before my fall UY. It's extremely unfair. I had half my April trip booked from borrowed points (and a few from 2018 banked - which I assumed I'll lose them). And it's not my fault that the resorts will be closed during my April trip.

Anything I can do? I will call. Did they change the rules since last week? I seemed to recall reading last week that people were able to put borrowed points back to 2020.

That's my experience (just cancelled my early April trip). Those that were borrowed from 2020 remained in 2019, which means I have to use them before my fall UY. It's extremely unfair. I had half my April trip booked from borrowed points (and a few from 2018 banked - which I assumed I'll lose them). And it's not my fault that the resorts will be closed during my April trip.

Anything I can do? I will call. Did they change the rules since last week? I seemed to recall reading last week that people were able to put borrowed points back to 2020.

At this point, there really isn’t anything you can do, as they seem to have taken a very hard line this week on only waiving holding and nothing else,

Last week, they did allow members to have the borrowed points returned, We all knew that couldn’t last and i think when they realized this could not continue to happen, they stopped the process,

To be honest, they shouldn’t have started it because now it’s causing more members to be upset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter