Tips on bags

sianell

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Heading to the world in a few weeks for the 18th time! As I'm 21, the majority of these trips my mum has been in charge of carrying around my stuff!

Last year I took a standard backpack and it was so hot! I was wondering if you have any tips on good bags to take?

I have back pain so I prefer weight to be evenly distributed - hence why I took a backpack last year.
My DBF has a disability that requires us to carry certain medication for him, so travelling light is not an option!

So, any tips on good, comfortable, not-too-hot backpacks? Or any other type of bag you would recommend!?

I have the Victorinox Flex Pack which is a small backpack, and I love it. By quickly snapping the clips on the strap together in a different way, you can wear it as a backpack or a messenger bag. It is quite a bit smaller than a regular backpack, but it still holds a lot. It can usually get a few rain ponchos, sunglasses, a wallet, my phone, a small container of sunblock, my migraine medication, a water bottle, and still have room for other things if needed. It wouldn't have room to take a change of clothes, but it has plenty of room to take all the smaller things that you would want to take with you. If I buy a t-shirt, I can probably stuff that in the bag with my other stuff, but that would be about all I would be able to fit in there.

The other good thing about this backpack is that that is isn't feminine looking, so you and your DBF can take turns carrying it!

This is the exact one I have. I have read that the updated version is only a backpack and doesn't have the option to change it into a messenger bag.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_i=B003IT6EKA

I like the Vera Bradley hipster :-)

I usually wear cargo shorts and go bag free. If I do need a bag it's usually just a Vera Bradely wristlet or maybe the mini hipster. However, if I did need a bigger bag, I'd go with the Vera Bradely regular hipster or large backpack. I love how light the Vera Bradely bags are.

I've got several of the large backpacks that I use to carry my stuff to work: http://www.verabradley.com/product/...178321/c/638/sc/876/p/154767.uts?fromSearch=1

I have a VB cross body mailbag; but I think I'm going to buy a backpack for this trip. They just seem easier.

I think I'm going to have my 4 year old and 12 year olds carry 31 cinch saks for all of their crap.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Camelbaks will allow you to carry items plus a bladder of water. Fill them with ice in the morning, and you can keep cool without paying out the wazooo. Check them out at Dick's Sporting Goods, and see if it is big enough to carry your supplies.

I took advice from these boards and bought an Overland Placer bag. It has been to Disney (among other places) several times. It is perfect.

I can fit 2 bottles of water, phone, camera, travel size sunscreen and cards/money in it. After the water is gone, it is super light.

I travel pretty light these days. A Vera mini-hipster seems to fit my phone, my ticket/debit card/license, then I usually carry a band aid or two, moleskin, a few individual wipes, and chap stick. I would LOVE to go bag-less, but can't quite bring myself to do it!

This is the bag I got for Disney and it has been with me on many other trips:
http://www.ebags.com/product/overland-equipment/shasta/146559?productid=10100076

The great thing about it is the outside water bottle pocket. Also, you don't need to take it off to get something out- just slide it around your body to the front. You can also wear it on your side so it is more like a cross-body bag than a backpack. Since it is blue, a guy can wear it too! ;)

The only negative is the cross-body strap: if you are busty, the strap will make you appear even bustier!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter