• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips needed for renting DVC Points at Preferred Resorts that usually sell out fast.

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
MODS: If this belongs elsewhere pls move. I've read over the various DVC forums and my question doesn't seem to belong on any of those. Posting here since my main reason for renting points is to save $$ on a Deluxe stay. So , I've rented DVC before but always just got what was leftover after most of the best resorts were sold out. We only needed one studio so that made it easier. We did split stays and tried resorts we never had been to. It was fun!. BUT this next trip (Sept 2024) is different. Our new DIL has never been to Disney. We REALLY want to show her a great trip! We would love to stay at Yacht or Beach Club villas or BWV for 5-7 nights. 2 studios. I remember these being in the highly sought after category and one needs to act as soon as they become available. Beyond that I don't recall how to improve our odds of getting what we want. Any advice? TIA

First, no DVC at YC. Book now. Don't wait or you will lose out.
Oh ya, that's right. See how rusty I've become on "things Disney". It's been a while.
I didn't think the points became available to rent this far in advance. Wasn't it 7-8 months in advance that they "dropped"? (This was like 2014 when I first researched renting)

You’re already inside the 11 month window for September, in fact you’re at 10 months. Depending on whether early or late September, you’re getting into Fall Frenzy, when all DVC villas, especially studios, especially BCV and BWV, book up fast. I would check the DVC Rent/Transfer forum here on DISboards for someone who has BWV or BCV points and try to rent from them. BWV is larger and should be easier to book than BCV.

Oh ya, that's right. See how rusty I've become on "things Disney". It's been a while.
I didn't think the points became available to rent this far in advance. Wasn't it 7-8 months in advance that they "dropped"? (This was like 2014 when I first researched renting)
Owners can book their home resort at 11 months. At 7 months they can book anywhere, and prices drop!

Good luck, and may your new DIL have a fantastic trip! BTDT, I know what you mean!

People can reserve at the resort they own at 11 months, for highly desirable resorts at popular times you’ll need to find an owner who owns that resort so they can book as close to 11 months as possible. There aren’t many BC villas & getting 2 studios during the fall food & wine festival time will be tough. BWVs is bigger & getting pool/garden view there might work. The trick is you have to find someone who owns at the resort you want to stay at.
If you wait until 7 months owners can book anywhere & they do, thus availability disappears. If you’ve rented at 7 months in the past that’s likely why you got ‘leftovers.’

MODS: If this belongs elsewhere pls move. I've read over the various DVC forums and my question doesn't seem to belong on any of those. Posting here since my main reason for renting points is to save $$ on a Deluxe stay. So , I've rented DVC before but always just got what was leftover after most of the best resorts were sold out. We only needed one studio so that made it easier. We did split stays and tried resorts we never had been to. It was fun!. BUT this next trip (Sept 2024) is different. Our new DIL has never been to Disney. We REALLY want to show her a great trip! We would love to stay at Yacht or Beach Club villas or BWV for 5-7 nights. 2 studios. I remember these being in the highly sought after category and one needs to act as soon as they become available. Beyond that I don't recall how to improve our odds of getting what we want. Any advice? TIA
I suspect you are already too late for 2 studios at BWV or BCV for this fall. You should have been putting your request in before the 11 month mark. You might luck into a confirmed reservation for a 2 bedroom.

I would not call anything leftovers it is just your desired resort. Both BCV and BW are popular choices as the points required are on the lower side and the location near EPCOT. With that BW should not be in an issue at this point. At 7 months it will be a little harder. If You wait I would look for a seller that will work with you for a wait list if needed. You could book at resort A guarantee a stay and waitlist at BW. I would choose a resort with similar points value for the waitlist so it is a pretty much even swap for the seller. Also plan a BW garden view not other as they are harder to come by. If you plan on booking later then 7 months out your chances will be lower but waitlists may come true but do not be disappointed if it does not.

I suspect you are already too late for 2 studios at BWV or BCV for this fall. You should have been putting your request in before the 11 month mark. You might luck into a confirmed reservation for a 2 bedroom.
Ok thanks. Son just dropped this on me last night. I'm traditionally a 1yr+ ahead of time planner..

I would not call anything leftovers it is just your desired resort. Both BCV and BW are popular choices as the points required are on the lower side and the location near EPCOT. With that BW should not be in an issue at this point. At 7 months it will be a little harder. If You wait I would look for a seller that will work with you for a wait list if needed. You could book at resort A guarantee a stay and waitlist at BW. I would choose a resort with similar points value for the waitlist so it is a pretty much even swap for the seller. Also plan a BW garden view not other as they are harder to come by. If you plan on booking later then 7 months out your chances will be lower but waitlists may come true but do not be disappointed if it does not.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter