• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips from my last week's trip

adamak

DIS Veteran
1. Bought the disney Cool Neck Scarf from the stand next to the Peter Pan. Those are the kind that swells up when soak in cold water. They work wonders, though the weather was so hot, we constantly have to resoak them. I think this cools me down better than any fan.

2. Saw people asking for a big cup of ice + water instead of buying bottles.

3. Don't wear cap when going down Splash Mt. Saw 5 people lost their hats within half hour period.

4. Bring those Ponds facial cleansing towels with you. I cut them in 1/4 and that's plentiful for me. Rinsing my face help me cool off alot.

5. Go to CA Grill around 6pm instead of trying to get a table by fireworks time. I walked in w/o PS, no wait, services much better...etc.

6. In Epcot Innovention center, go through a short presentation in Xerox booth. They print out a color picture for you for free. As good quality as those of roller coaster's pics.

7. Do not ever drive to MK in the summer! Take the bus instead. If you drive, you go to TTC first. When the show is over, you'll have to wait for the ferry or monorail, then again for the tram. We made this mistakes. Took about 1 hour to get back to our car.

8. Ice Cream Social is probably the best, cheapest way to meet characters without spending a fortune. We got to take lots of pictures with Mickey the farmer, and there is no wait, no fuss.

9. Go to Downtown Disney and buy souveigners first before you hit the park, if you get discount from World of Disney. That way, you know which one you can get discount on, and you won't buy the same thing elsewhere.

10. Remember that you can NOT cover everything in one trip. That way, you will always have something new to look forward to.

That's it for now. Hope this help!

Thanks for the tips! I can't wait for our trip in November, and even though the parks are less crowded, I think we'll use your transportation tip for the MK!

The ice cream social is a new one on me. Can you give a little info on it? Sounds like something my girls would like to do.

Ice Cream social is in the Garden Grill in Land Pavillion in Epcot. Daily at 3pm (sometimes has seating at 3:15pm also). Cost about $7 pp. Requires PS. When I called to make ressie, the 1st CM doesn't know what it is. I have to call back. Supposedly they will charge no-show fee. But they didn't ask for my credit card.

They will give you a HUGH ice cream cone, gummy worms, chocolate. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale were there when I attended. You sit there until you're done. No rush at all. And the place is not packed, so we got plenty of time with Mickey. If you don't eat icecream, they'll still charge you the money.

I think it's a cheap alternative to Character Meals. You can find more information on the Restaurant forum.

COOL!!! We are SOOOOO doing the ice cream social!!!!! going to have to rethink the schedule now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter