Tips for WDW/USF 2020 or 2021 trip

MeliMel702

Mouseketeer
I’m planning to celebrate my DD’s Quinceañera (June 2020)or Sweet Sixteen (June 2021) with a trip to WDW and USF! This would be our First trip to WDW/USF for all of us. I would love to do at least 5days at WDW (2 days for MK and 1 day for other parks) and 2 days at USF w/Express Pass. I would need 2 days of travel too. I also would love to surprise her by staying at the POR-royal room (riverside view)! I’m not sure if I am going to have a big group or if will be just my DD’s and me. We’ll have T-shirt’s for each park we go to for the Memory Maker Photos.

My question is how soon can I start booking and paying for everything? What are the Pro’s and Con’s? Should I book myself or use a TA? Disney Dining Plan? Which Value Resort would be best if we don’t get to stay at POR and why? Transportation from WDW to USF suggestions! Her Birthday is June 5th, schools out on May 20th in 2020 (my birthday!! Yay). What dates would you suggest to plan for. If this was your trip how would you plan it?

I would plan to do the WDW portion of the trip first. Look at the meal plans and see if this is something you want to look for, or if you have a choice between free dining and a room discount, would you save more with the room discount. For our upcoming trip, I actually got our hotel reservations for POP thru Priceline and saved a significant amount of money. I don't know if all the resorts are available on Priceline though.
Then, I would do the UO portion of your trip next. Stay at one of the resorts that have the unlimited ep included. One night at one of these resorts will get you ep for both your check in and your check out day, so you may only need one night at UO if you are only doing 2 park days. Most rooms can sleep 5 so that could be a significant savings when it comes to express passes.
Also, get your tickets for the parks on Undercover Tourist (thru the Mousesavers newsletter link) to save money.
I would choose WDW to do first because it is busier with a lot more walking and planning involved. The UO part of the trip with unlimited ep is more relaxed, you don't need to make dining reservations and everything is close to each other.
But... doing both WDW and UO in one trip is pretty expensive.

Hope this helps!

@glocon Thanks for your advice! I will look into it as the dates get closer. When would you recommend to start booking the rooms, packages, etc?

As soon as you know your dates.
If you do room only at either wdw or uo, you can make changes or cancel without penalty up to a week before your dates. And if you are staying onsite at wdw, you can start booking fp’s at 60 days before your check in date. That’s one of the most valuable perks of staying On site at wdw. If off site, you can’t start making fp reservations until 30 days before your check in date, and at that point you could have trouble getting some of the more popular rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter