Tips for trip with 3.5 and 1.5 year olds!

stubbsie

Earning My Ears
Hi All :wave2:

In December we are making our first WDW visit with our 2 young children - 3.5 and 1.5. We will be staying at the Grand Floridian

I am feeling so overwhelmed about planning our trip and didn't realise until last week that we needed to make reservations for so much of our trip in advance! :scratchin

Would really appreciate it if anyone has any useful tips to offer….

Thanks

I wouldn't sweat it
advanced dining isn't a big deal
fast passes will be soon for you.

yours are too little for all the really popular FP rides
so they should be easy too, and you can single rider them taking turns with the littles?

If your 2 little ones are frozen fans make sure you book the Anna & Elsa FP+ at 60 days. As for dining reservations if you don't have any favourite restaurants in mind you should be ok making the reservations now. The Grand Floridian is beautiful and has some lovely restaurants so you won't have to travel far for some good food!

We have 2 young children DD 5 & DS 2 and have travelled to Disney with ten from being 8 months old. We find that planning to be out for rope drop and after naps/pool time then possibly out again in evening (once they are over the jet lag!) works best for ours. They are always up early because if the time difference and we can get loads done in the parks first thing and be back at hotel for 1/2pm for a little down time! With that in mind I would try and book your FP+ for the mornings (10am onwards) or in the evenings if you plan to go back to a park.

Just went with a 2 year old in feb who loved it. Top tip is dont stress it will be great!

Put it this way we re going back next year if all goes to plan with a 1 year old.

Would say make sure you book restaurants and i d plan around that. I d focus on the monorail resorts and epcot restaurants woth where you are staying as you can get to all just using the monorail.

Thanks all, much appreciated. These are great tips. I think we will definitely plan to be early birds and come back to the hotel post lunch for a nap. After that sounds like best to play it by ear

Khibs - luckily managed to get an Ana & Elsa fast pass for our penultimate day as missed the 60 day FP window for the first 10 days of our trip. When you use a FP for something like that how long would the queue be?

My daughter is talking non stop about meeting the princesses so as long as we can tick that box I'll be happy!

I have a few other questions more about practicalities. Not sure if this is the best place to post them:
- is it better to take our own buggies or hire them?
- do the hotels provide any bed guards (just thinking of my daughter who is only used to sleeping in a toddler bed with a rail) or low beds?
- what taxi firm do you recommend for getting from the airport to the hotel (we are taking one car seat with us but ideally want a taxi that can provide the second one)?

In sure I'll have lots more but really appreciate any thoughts on these.

Thanks

I have a few other questions more about practicalities. Not sure if this is the best place to post them: - is it better to take our own buggies or hire them? - do the hotels provide any bed guards (just thinking of my daughter who is only used to sleeping in a toddler bed with a rail) or low beds? - what taxi firm do you recommend for getting from the airport to the hotel (we are taking one car seat with us but ideally want a taxi that can provide the second one)? In sure I'll have lots more but really appreciate any thoughts on these. Thanks

As a buggy can't recommend the baby zen yo yo highly enough. Even fits as hand luggage on the plane. Worth a look on YouTube

I have a few other questions more about practicalities. Not sure if this is the best place to post them:
- is it better to take our own buggies or hire them?
- do the hotels provide any bed guards (just thinking of my daughter who is only used to sleeping in a toddler bed with a rail) or low beds?
- what taxi firm do you recommend for getting from the airport to the hotel (we are taking one car seat with us but ideally want a taxi that can provide the second one)?

In sure I'll have lots more but really appreciate any thoughts on these.

Thanks

Stroller we had our own however it was bought with Disney in mind - we had a Baby Jogger City Mini and it was perfect for the parks and folded so easy to get on and off the busses. Pushed like a dream even when DD was 4.

Disney hotels will supply bed guards - just call housekeeping once in your room and they will bring them up.

Can't help with taxis as we always have a car or used Magical Express. :goodvibes

We always take our own buggy with is as we like it in the airport. We also always use the magical express so can't recommend a taxi from airport but if we have had them on Disney property they have being mears taxi's. Do you not get the magical express included in your trip if your stay at Disney hotel?
With regards to FP+ waiting time it can really vary we have more or less walked on sometimes then others had a wait of 10/15 mins. With the Anna & Elsa we have never really had to wait longer than 10 mins with the FP+.
You children will love although they will probably have a melt down at some-point due to tiredness and excitement but you won't be alone in that!!

Hi
We have just brought a buggy from ebay, the cost off renting each day was way to high for us to be Intrested.

As the previous poster said if your staying on disney site you should be able to use disneys magical express which is a free transport. If your staying offsite then mears shuttle it is.

Sorry also if your flying into Sanford then I think magical express doesn't go their or mears, so you maybe best booking a town car in advance for something nice it just get a can when you land.

If you want a good Town Car service I can highly recommend Tiffany Town Car. They will provide a car seat if asked and make a free half hour grocery stop too. Google them for the website. You can book from the UK on line.

Thanks. Other half made the booking so will ask him about ME although suspect he will prefer the taxi option so thanks for the recommendation.

Read a bit about stocking up on groceries. What sort of things is that for?

Thanks. Other half made the booking so will ask him about ME although suspect he will prefer the taxi option so thanks for the recommendation. Read a bit about stocking up on groceries. What sort of things is that for?

We always buy breakfast cereal and milk for breakfast in our room

If u are staying at the grand Floridian I would try to get reservations for 1900 park fare. The dinner is a lot of fun and the breakfast food is selfish there. U should still be able to make some reservations the only ones u may not get are Cinderellas Royal table and be our guest. Last time we had to change our trip dates 3 months out. I had already made all my reservations and I had to get new ones. I was able to get them all except be our guest

Thanks. Other half made the booking so will ask him about ME although suspect he will prefer the taxi option so thanks for the recommendation. Read a bit about stocking up on groceries. What sort of things is that for?

Water is the primary thing we buy as it costs an absolute fortune in the parks and you can get cases for a fraction of the price. Also some beers and a few bottles of wine. Apart from that just cereal and milk really. Although one year we were struggling with the weight of the cases so I bought all our toiletries and sun cream on a grocery stop when we arrived. That stuff is heavy for two adults and two older kids :)

Great thanks.

Have had a busy week trying to sort out some dining reservations and have managed to get quite a few sorted out. Now I just need to keep calling and hope I get lucky on a CRT cancellation

Great thanks. Have had a busy week trying to sort out some dining reservations and have managed to get quite a few sorted out. Now I just need to keep calling and hope I get lucky on a CRT cancellation dde00 Thank you all for some great advice! What an amazing forum this is - I'm becoming addicted to it!!!

With regards dining reservations. Have you tried for Crystal Palace? That's a really lovely character meal for little children. The food is pretty decent unless you have an absolute aversion to buffet restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter