Tips for Snagging a Palo/Remy Brunch Reservation Onboard the Fantasy, April 15 - 23?

Arielfan98

DIS Veteran
Brunch for Remy and Palo is sold out for the entire cruise. I would like to go with my sister, so a party of 2. I've heard it's worth a try to log onto the DCL app and see if there's any open reservations then on embarkation day and to also check with guest services. My question is, do we go to "Luna?" or is there another location we're supposed to go to to get on the waiting list? Any other tips to get a reservation? Thank you!

Check the Navigator app when you're at the port - it will generally tell you where to go to make dining changes or try to get reservations. I'm not sure Guest Services will be the right place for dining.

I have heard it was outside Enchanted Garden? But following because we are going the week after and same thing... I've been checking every other day or so but nothing is ever open. I wish they would be open on port days, obviously demand is much higher than supply.

I have heard it was outside Enchanted Garden? But following because we are going the week after and same thing... I've been checking every other day or so but nothing is ever open. I wish they would be open on port days, obviously demand is much higher than supply.
I had no idea they were closed on port days! I was banking on reserving a reservation for the day our ship docks in Nassau as I've been there a million times and have no interest in leaving the ship. And possibly limit it to 1 reservation per party (isn't it 2?)

Usually in Nassau, they will be open for brunch. Don't lose hope. If nothing else, ask to be on a waiting list for your preferred lunch day if no availability shows in the app. I would be surprised if you aren't able to get a reservation, especially on a 7 night cruise. Even people who have had the brunch booked for months cancel once onboard - sometimes there is just too much food and you're not feeling like another big meal. Seems to happen to us quite a lot. Especially when concierge guests are able to book multiple reservations (some cruises they are) but then decide they want to cancel and do something different for the meal. There's not generally a penalty for concierge guests to cancel the day before or even the day of, leaving availability open for folks on the waiting list. Enjoy - both restaurants are great for brunch!

Usually in Nassau, they will be open for brunch. Don't lose hope. If nothing else, ask to be on a waiting list for your preferred lunch day if no availability shows in the app. I would be surprised if you aren't able to get a reservation, especially on a 7 night cruise. Even people who have had the brunch booked for months cancel once onboard - sometimes there is just too much food and you're not feeling like another big meal. Seems to happen to us quite a lot. Especially when concierge guests are able to book multiple reservations (some cruises they are) but then decide they want to cancel and do something different for the meal. There's not generally a penalty for concierge guests to cancel the day before or even the day of, leaving availability open for folks on the waiting list. Enjoy - both restaurants are great for brunch!
Thank you!!! This is extremely helpful.

I am also on the April 15th cruise. When you arrive at the port check the app and it will tell you where to go for dining changes. What PAT did you get?

I am also on the April 15th cruise. When you arrive at the port check the app and it will tell you where to go for dining changes. What PAT did you get?
I'm sorry, I'm new to DCL (last time I went was as a child in the early 2000's). What does PAT stand for? Also, are you interested in potentially meeting? I'm dying to find some cruise buddies. I'm going with my family and they don't care for drinking or socializing.

I'm also on this cruise, and I'm platinum, which means I was able to register for PALO 120 days prior to sailing. We are also a party of 2 and were not able to get a reservation for brunch even at that date, as they are now limiting tables for 2. I have checked the app every day for cancellations, but no such luck. Our best chance will be to get on line for Palo/dining changes as soon as we board. Also, there is no Palo on Nassau day for this cruise, as we have 3 other sea days. Brunch is only available on days 2, 3, and 6 of this particular cruise. Good luck!

Also on this one and we were able to snag a brunch for two on the first sea day as platinum. I had no idea they were limiting tables for two but a few folks have said that recently.

I wish they would let you see other dining times without giving up your reservation... we have Palo dinner on night 3 but it is later than we usually like to eat. Not looking forward to waiting in the line at boarding to try and bump it up a bit. The app shows times are available but I can't see them without canceling first as it says I've hit my limit of 1 reservation.

We got boarding group 6 this time; the app worked well for us but the website was Dory every time. It took over an hour for our July cruise last year but was a smooth 8 minutes start to finish last night.

We got boarding group 6 this time; the app worked well for us but the website was Dory every time. It took over an hour for our July cruise last year but was a smooth 8 minutes start to finish last night.
If we are using Disney transportation, is there any reason to rush the cruise check-in? We don't select our PAT in that case, is my understanding.

I'm bummed to hear they are limiting tables for 2 as well.

I'm also on this cruise, and I'm platinum, which means I was able to register for PALO 120 days prior to sailing. We are also a party of 2 and were not able to get a reservation for brunch even at that date, as they are now limiting tables for 2. I have checked the app every day for cancellations, but no such luck. Our best chance will be to get on line for Palo/dining changes as soon as we board. Also, there is no Palo on Nassau day for this cruise, as we have 3 other sea days. Brunch is only available on days 2, 3, and 6 of this particular cruise. Good luck!

What do you mean by limiting tables for 2? Are you saying they have a preference for parties larger than 2?

If we are using Disney transportation, is there any reason to rush the cruise check-in? We don't select our PAT in that case, is my understanding.

I'm bummed to hear they are limiting tables for 2 as well.
Thats correct; the bus is your ticket into the port area anyway and generally folks arriving on them are in the earliest boarding groups.

If you are interested in the Royal Gathering tickets (Princess meet and greet) those become available at the same time as check in opens 30 days prior and they do go fast!

What do you mean by limiting tables for 2? Are you saying they have a preference for parties larger than 2?
That seems to be the sentiment. If they have an open table for four, they may not want to 'give' it to a 2-person reservation at the 'expense' of a four.

I've had difficulty snagging one and three-person reservations presumably for this reason. It doesn't say sold out, but when I try to book online I get an error message (but was able to snag the table for three once I got on the ship; jury is still out on the one-person resi).

Brunch for Remy and Palo is sold out for the entire cruise. I would like to go with my sister, so a party of 2. I've heard it's worth a try to log onto the DCL app and see if there's any open reservations then on embarkation day and to also check with guest services. My question is, do we go to "Luna?" or is there another location we're supposed to go to to get on the waiting list? Any other tips to get a reservation? Thank you!
On the Fantasy last September, it was outside Enchanted Garden (deck 2). Go there as soon as you board. There will likely be a line, so you might have to wait a bit. There should actually be 2 lines; one to check on your dinner seating (early/late dining and solo table, etc.) and another for Palo/Remy reservations, so pay attention to that. I don't believe guest services can help here, you'll have to go to the dining location.

Is it actually sold out (does it say "sold out" on the website)? Or do you get an error message when you try to book? If it's sold out, that means all the tables are full. You might still get a table, but availability will be limited. If you try to book and get an error message (something like "we cannot complete this at this time, please try again"), then it's likely because your party size doesn't 'match' the size table they have available (for example, you are a party of 2, and they have a 4-person table available. Technically you would 'fit' at that table, but it doesn't match). If that's the case, then you might have a bit better luck getting a reservation once on board since theoretically there should be open tables that fill your party size).

I've tried to get reservations for party sizes of 1 and 3, and had the issue where I got an error (not that tables were sold out), so it seems there is maybe a disconnect with the party sizes. Good luck!

Also on this one and we were able to snag a brunch for two on the first sea day as platinum. I had no idea they were limiting tables for two but a few folks have said that recently.

I wish they would let you see other dining times without giving up your reservation... we have Palo dinner on night 3 but it is later than we usually like to eat. Not looking forward to waiting in the line at boarding to try and bump it up a bit. The app shows times are available but I can't see them without canceling first as it says I've hit my limit of 1 reservation.

I think it's sold out. It shows as available for me, but when I attempt a party of 1, 2 or 3 it says that it's unable to complete my request. I had this issue when I attempted to book Palo Brunch and when I called they said it was sold out

Yes. this seems to be a more recent development. Never had a problem with this until a few months ago.

Tried the first night as platinum and kept getting the error message. Have tried every day since, and the only change is when it became sold out. We also have dinner ressies at Palo on night 3. Will see you there, unless we get a brunch reservation on board.

I managed to get Palo dinner for 2 at 7:30 on the Nassau night for this cruise, which I wasn't expecting as a first-timer!

Does anyone know if that's too early re: being able to see whatever show is that night? I don't even know if one of the Broadway-esque shows will be on that night, but I definitely don't want to miss any of those! I have late dinner, so it would be the first showing.

Dining changes and reservations are outside enchanted garden on embarkation day. We sailed over Halloween and in January and I was the only person down there when I went to get a palo reservation. I could pick dinner on any night at any time for a party of two on both cruises. Didn’t inquire about brunch - didn’t interest us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter