Tipping question about In Room CHild Care

AnnaE4

Mouseketeer
I have made arrangements to have a sitter for our DD next Friday night. I know what the charges are but I'm wondering how much to tip the sitter. I've never done this before but whatever it costs will be worth it as my DH and I never get much time alone.

Denise

Bumping this one up as I would really like some advice about this.

Thanks.

Denise

Bumping one last time to see if anybody can help with tipping the babysitter for in-room child care.

C'mon y'all!

Denise

Bumping one last time to see if anybody can help with tipping the babysitter for in-room child care.

C'mon y'all!

Denise

I don't know what the standard is but last time we were there I had a sitter for two nights, two kids, at that time 4 and 9 mos. We were gone about 4 hours each time and the bill was around $50-$56 each night. As I recall I tipped around 20%, I gave her an extra $10-12 each night. I was happy with the sitter, she wasn't a real grandmotherly type but seemed very competent and gave me a full report when I returned, washed out the bottles she used etc. I figured that I tip service people about 15% and for really good service a little better so I used the same idea with the sitter.

I have no idea what most people do but she seemed pleased. Hope this helped. This was a sitter through Kindercare.

AnnaE4 - I'd like to hear about your sitter when you get back. If you can email me or post what you thought I'd appreciate it. I'm always looking for recommendations. Thanks.

ladyandtramp@triad.rr.com

Gosh, thanks for replying! I was beginning to think that nobody ever tipped their babysitters!

I am going to try and post a trip report when I get back so I will definitely include information about the babysitting service. We will be back on Sunday night so I'll try and pst at the beginning of next week.

Denise (27 more hours until I'll be at WDW!)

I think we tipped 15-18% (isn't that funny, I can't remember) But in room care costs have gone up alot. Therewas not a transportation fee last time and it was $12/hr. And this was only Feb 2001! Now I hear its' $13.50 hour PLUS $8 tranportataion fee. If I did pay those prices, I might be inclined to tip $12-15%. OUr sitting is for one girl age 7. Luckily, I 've found a friend of a friend type deal for this trip. Don't have to pay all the overhead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter