• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping mousekeeping??

I do, but I suppose it depends on whether you think theyre doing a good enough job. I feel they probably dont earn a great deal and always seem to be the busiest (apart from those poor waiters/waitresses in the restaurants - clearing, clearing, clearing!!).
I usually reckon on 5 euros minimum a day which is only around £3.50 ish. It makes a nice round number to leave each day and although not a lot, I figure if they get 5 euros per room minimum the tips would soon add up! Leave it every day in case you get different cleaners - makes it fairer.

I tip the housekeeping at all hotels and especially Disney :teeth: We leave 5 euros per day also.

:wizard:

I used to do chambermaiding in the school holidays (many moons ago! LOL). I have worked at both ends of the spectrum, in 5* hotels and B&B guest houses. It's not a very nice job at the best of times, (sometimes what we would have to clean up was downright disgusting) so it was always very much appreciated if we were ever given a tip.

We always tip in WDW because we're very aware that tipping is expected over there for all sorts of things but I'm ashamed to say it had never even occurred to me to do so at DLP but I'll mend my ways when we next go!

Thanks everyone! We're staying castle club for the first time next week!!! Should we leave a few euros for the turndown service too? And in restaurants just round up and it's ok to leave some change on the table?

Just last minute things..... Thanks for all the help!

Thanks Sharon the envelops are great! My daughter loved helping me put it together :)

Thanks for the link. Printed of some as I know DD's and DS will like these.

Reid

What a brilliant idea!! Will they understand that in France though? Would it be possible to use this with the format from "themouseforless"?
Picture.jpg

What if it's an "homme"??!! :rotfl: You'll have to make another one just in case (too much time...) :rotfl2:

Rhiannon ;)

DisneyRGB said:
What if it's an "homme"??!! :rotfl: You'll have to make another one just in case (too much time...) :rotfl2:

Rhiannon ;)
Cheeky!!!!! You're only jealous!!!
I did think about that - I'll do one if people think it's too sexist!!! ;)

Thank you for the translation Di, I have just dug this thread out and am now going to make some French Mousekeeping envelopes! Am I starting to get excited or what!!!:teeth:

Oh I'm really glad you dug this one up Elaine - I'd forgotten all about it. Am printing one for our Anaheim trip in 16 days :jumping1: How are you going to contain yourself for the next 31 days??? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: You'll be off the day we get back!!! :sad: ;)

Diberry:banana: :banana:

I have to admit that we forgot to tip the housekeepers too.
I asked one of the cast members who spoke eglish at Inventions about tipping the waiters ie What % was normal I was told that its not like USA and just leave "Change fodder" if you are really pleased with the service

Di, we actually leave home on the 22nd, we are spending 3 days in London doing the Tower of London, Duck Tours, London Eye and the Natural History Museum....my youngest DD is dinosaur-mad!

You must be getting so excited!!!:jumping1: My parents have visited both Anaheim and Florida and although they said there is so much more to do at WDW, they both felt that Disneyland at Anaheim was by far the more magical of the two. We hope to visit there one day too.:goodvibes

Elaine & Di

My DS and his girlfriend were Disney cast members at WDW and they visited Disneyland during their time in Florida. Both of them much preferred Disneyland- they said it was more magical too. In fact when /if they get married both want to get married in Disneyland, so they tell me - not sure if they have actually discussed it with each other yet ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter