• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping in Barcelona

House_of_Mouse Fan

Mouseketeer
My daughter and I will be sailing from Barcelona this Saturday :-)cool1:). I know tipping practices differ in Europe so I'm looking for some feedback as to what would be a reasonable tip percentage for the taxi (from the airport to the hotel) and at restaurants.

Thanks in advance!

My daughter and I will be sailing from Barcelona this Saturday :-)cool1:). I know tipping practices differ in Europe so I'm looking for some feedback as to what would be a reasonable tip percentage for the taxi (from the airport to the hotel) and at restaurants.

Thanks in advance!

I came back from Barcelona last weekend and spent time there.

Taxis round up to the next note value, ie if say 8.60 Euro call it 10,

Meals not expected bar Hard Rock cafe there 10%. But again leaving the change is appreciated.

Taxi pre booked Airport >> Central Barcelona cost me E69.
Taxi back not booked was E40. With luggage.

Typical taxi fares

Central Barcelona to Park Guell E12>E14.
Park Guell to Sagrada Familia E9.

Lots of photos and information from my very recent Med cruise on the Magic with Navigators on the link below.

Yes tips are not expected like they are here in the states. IF you want to round up to the nearest Euro thats fine but no need to tip on anything else unless you want to leave minimal change. Service people in Europe are paid for the job and don't rely on tips. But if you feel you need to only a very little bit goes a long way.

In Europe tipping is also expected in most countries for service staff, especially in South Europe but not e.g. in Scandinavia for some services. 10 percent is a good average for tipping taxi drivers and service staff in restaurants. This is below US amounts but still expected as salaries are low here as well.

On my 12 night Med cruise there was a port guide booklet for each of the seven ports of call. The tipping varied port to port, Spain is as I posted before and I have stayed there msny times.

Yes in other places it is 10%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter