• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping for Garden Grocer?

FBandA

How do I get to go back again?
Just wanting to know what other people have tipped for the delivery person for the Garden Grocer? There is a $12 shipping cost and you have to spend at least $40.00. Thanks

We want to use Garden Grocer for next trip at the end of May, could you give me some info? How do you have them deliver for your first day if you don't know your room assignment yet? Do you just have them leave it at the front desk? Do they give you a time frame for delivery so that if you are getting milk you can be there and it won't spoil? I'd appreciate any info you can provide!

We want to use Garden Grocer for next trip at the end of May, could you give me some info? How do you have them deliver for your first day if you don't know your room assignment yet? Do you just have them leave it at the front desk? Do they give you a time frame for delivery so that if you are getting milk you can be there and it won't spoil? I'd appreciate any info you can provide!

I made my order on Monday. I am leaving tomorrow. I did not order Milk only non-perishable items, on the web site if you go to FAQ it does say you can order Milk and they will let bell service know so they can put it in refig, you need to call resort to see if there bell service has a refig. When I get back I will let you know how everything worked out.

I would love your feedback when you get home, but more importantly...

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF PIXIE DUST!!! :wizard:

When I ordered on line, there was a place to add a tip. I ordered about $160.00 worth and tipped $10. I am hoping that is enough.

We ordered from GG last trip 10-06 and it was really very simple
to place the order online and the website walks you through
all of the little details like what WDW Resort to deliver to and what
time you would like this delivered. It worked out great and we
didn't have to be there when it was delivered, it was left with bell service.
I was able to add the tip online in the order.
We checked with bell service and they said that a package
had been delivered for us and then the nice CM brought it to
our room. :)

We used them last year and it was so worth it. They brought us everything from milk, soda, orange juice, bacon, eggs, frozen pizza and dry goods. I picked a two hour window for delivery. I arranged this based on the fact that I knew we were getting up early and would probably hit the MK as soon as we got there and would be ready for a late afternoon break. Not to mention that I would know my room assignment by then. I had left my cell number and they called to find our room. Shortly after, they delivered our groceries. After hauling everything up three floors (there were 6 adults staying at OKW and we planned on starting off with breakfast at "home" every morning) and unpacking everything (including putting it away in the kitchen); he definitely deserved a tip!!! We gave him 10% of our bill.

Just back, and GG was great. They called us in the morning before we left home on my cell phone and told us the cost and that we needed to give them our credit card number again for the beer and wine order. They must do 2 separate bills for groceries and beer/wine. Our order was at the bell service we had 3 bags of groceries. I will use them again next time we go. We gave the driver a $10 tip. I am not sure what the norm is.

If GG will leave beer and wine at the front desk, would it not be possible for someone under 21 to have beer delivered to them? I'm over 21, but I just see that as a problem at some point.

If GG will leave beer and wine at the front desk, would it not be possible for someone under 21 to have beer delivered to them? I'm over 21, but I just see that as a problem at some point.

If you want it left with Bell Services, you have to fax over your ID and they match that to your order and I believe they confirm the name on the room reservation. Otherwise, you have to be there to show your id to the driver.

I usually give TIP but most importantly I also add ongoing coupons in my order, so at the end that amount is forfeited with that TIP.

If you want it left with Bell Services, you have to fax over your ID and they match that to your order and I believe they confirm the name on the room reservation. Otherwise, you have to be there to show your id to the driver.

Sorry if a dumb question ......Is the ID faxed to GG or faxed to the hotel?

Thanks!

Sorry if a dumb question ......Is the ID faxed to GG or faxed to the hotel?

Thanks!
ID is faxed to Garden Grocer. I used them last year for the first time - it was great! We ordered wine and a variety of food items, including perishibles. The hotel (AoA) stored our perishibles in a fridge in the bell services area. As others have said, you can pick a delivery "window" and don't need to be there for delivery. Be sure to sign up for your delivery window at least two or three weeks before your trip, because they fill up quickly.

One other thing to mention is that you can 'build a shopping cart" and add/delete items as you go. I kept changing my mind about things, and remembering things to order. I just went into my saved shopping cart and made changes as I went along, and finalized my order about a week before my trip. Easy peasy!

I highly recommend using them!

We love Garden Grocer. I placed an order for our upcoming trip. Our bill is 80$ and we tipped $10. I highly recommend them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter