• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

tipping at resort

CocosMeme

DIS Veteran
I know this has been asked before but I could not find anything. How much and who should we tip the bell service people? It seems like every time we go we end up tipping about 4 or 5 people before we even get to the room. Also we are doing a split stay this time (for the 1st time). We start at Boardwalk and then move to AKV. Do we tip the bellman who picks up our bags from the room at BW and then the delivery person at AKV?

I know this has been asked before but I could not find anything. How much and who should we tip the bell service people? It seems like every time we go we end up tipping about 4 or 5 people before we even get to the room. Also we are doing a split stay this time (for the 1st time). We start at Boardwalk and then move to AKV. Do we tip the bellman who picks up our bags from the room at BW and then the delivery person at AKV?

Anyone who handles your bags is considered a tipped position. $1 per bag is generally the tipped amount, but you might give a bit less if all they do is move it from one spot to another, not haul it to your room.

Tipped positions include bell services, valet and food servers at table service dining.

We tip the Bell Services CM when our luggage arrives and leaves the room. $1 for small bags and $2 for large. If you have groceries, I would say 4 bags for a dollar. We usually round up in the end to even the tip out in $5 increments anyway. We owe him $7 but give them $10 that sort of thing. It gets hard to keep one dollar bills for all the tips.

We tip the Bell Services CM when our luggage arrives and leaves the room. $1 for small bags and $2 for large. If you have groceries, I would say 4 bags for a dollar. We usually round up in the end to even the tip out in $5 increments anyway. We owe him $7 but give them $10 that sort of thing. It gets hard to keep one dollar bills for all the tips.

:thumbsup2

Thank you both - we have been way overtipping!

We tend to "overtip" as well, especially Bell Services. I don't know how they compensated for all the lost tips when they initiated Magical Express and they never see the customer. So we figure we'd rather err on the higher side, and it's still a very small percentage of our vacation cost. :)

I don't know how they compensated for all the lost tips when they initiated Magical Express and they never see the customer.

Gratuities are included in the cost of DME which is why the bags are delivered to the rooms. For DVC reservations, the cost of DME is built into our dues. For DRC reservations, the cost of DME is built into the rack rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter